Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Digital Juice - Once music downloaded - How to Import into PowerDirector 16?
Chris925 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2017 12:59 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

I'm old.

I just bought Digital Juice for life. I downloaded a music track into folder on my Desktop but not smart enough to import it so I can drag it onto my timeline.

Please help.

Thank you!

Chris
Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
When I try to drag that unzipped digital juice file/folder into the media room a circle with a line through it appears so I can't drag it.

Quote Hello.

I'm old.

I just bought Digital Juice for life. I downloaded a music track into folder on my Desktop but not smart enough to import it so I can drag it onto my timeline.

Please help.

Thank you!

Chris
Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
File.....Import.....Media Files.....Then the folder pops up. But when I try to drag it into my Timeline it won't work.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Slow down. Try this: Open the digital juice folder with windows explorer. Drag the media to the Library room instead of the timeline. You can then drag any assets to the correct places on the timeline.

It looks like the installed digital juicer software allows you to export the music tracks to an audio format needed. See this support page: https://www.digitaljuice.com/support/ .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 21. 2018 19:38

Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. Can you tell me where the Library Room can be found? I am trying to do what you said right now.

Quote Slow down. Try this: Open the digital juice folder with windows explorer. Drag the media to the Library room instead of the timeline. You can then drag any assets to the correct places on the timeline.

It looks like the installed digital juicer software allows you to export the music tracks to an audio format needed. See this support page: https://www.digitaljuice.com/support/ .
Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I downloaded a music file from Digital Juice and when I try to add it to my timeline the music is all split up. Drums, Guitar, Synth, etc. Like 9 different files that can only be added 1 at a time and I can only add 3 or 4 of them as far as I can tell. I think this program is too difficult for me.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The top left portion of the Edit workspace is library window or media room for video, image, and audio files.

I beleive that the Juicer software allows you to mix the instruments to output a file in a format suitable to use in PD16. I cannot find specific information for use in PD. There are tutorials on it's use for Pinnacle, Adobe, etc. I think that you made the right choice. One of the MVP uses it but his tutorial doesn't cover PD16 specifically. Maybe he can address this after seeing your post.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chris -

I'm getting old too!

On the Digital Juice site, once you select a piece of music, it might be labelled "Full Multi-Track" (as yours was). If you look under the preview window it says "Looking for the standard version?" (see attached screenshot).

If you click that, you'll get a mixed track as a single .wav file... & you'll have no trouble importing it into PDR16.

As I understand it, right now you have a folder with a bunch of .wav files (1 for each instrument). Those files should import into PDR.

Once you get the .wav files imported, you can just put one on each track (you may have to add extra tracks) lined up underneath each other. After adjusting levels etc, you can produce it as a single mixed file.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - DJ_Music.png]
 Filename
DJ_Music.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
284 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ahh yes I see! Thank you everyone!

I made a video and was able to make a fairly good one. Problem is, when I was going to upload it to Facebook it wouldn't work. I think it might be because when I was "Produce"ing it I picked an incompatable format? My choices were AVI, AVC, MPEG 2, HEVC etc. I picked AVC because it look smuch better than AVI, right? Well it failed to upload to Facebook. Why?

Thanks again for your help.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chris -

On your original question... when you download multi-track music from Digital Juice, it comes in a .zip file. Once you've unzipped it, you'll have a folder with the various .wav files - one for each instrument. These can be imported into PDR & put on separate tracks, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Did you use the Produce > Online option for Facebook, or did you select AVC > MP4 and upload your video manually? Either way would work. At what stage did it fail?

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - DJ_Multi track.png]
 Filename
DJ_Multi track.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
78 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!