Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When I close PD16, it won't open again until I restart my computer.
stevefrench73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2015 22:30 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Once I close PD16, it refuses to open again until I restart my computer. When this happens, my earlier versions won't open either. Does anyone have a clue what's going on?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Don't know why it's happening but can you try launching Task Manager [Ctrl Alt Delete together] after you have closed PDR and see if PowerDirector16 is still active?

If it is, you can kill it by selecting it and rt click and then End Task.

See if that does the trick, instead of having to shut the system down.

You cannot have concurrent sessions of PDR which is why other versions will not launch if PDR16 has not shut down properly.

It doen't answer why it's happening but it does confirm that PDR is not shutting down properly.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 21. 2018 06:16

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Once I close PD16, it refuses to open again until I restart my computer. When this happens, my earlier versions won't open either. Does anyone have a clue what's going on?

Take a look at this thread and if you do an advanced search for PDR.exe there's more.

Not solved as far as I know but affects different people in different ways.

Certainly don't have to restart your computer,

Alan.
stevefrench73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2015 22:30 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Don't know why it's happening but can you try launching Task Manager [Ctrl Alt Delete together] after you have closed PDR and see if PowerDirector16 is still active?

If it is, you can kill it by selecting it and rt click and then End Task.

See if that does the trick, instead of having to shut the system down.

You cannot have concurrent sessions of PDR which is why other versions will not launch if PDR16 has not shut down properly.

It doen't answer why it's happening but it does confirm that PDR is not shutting down properly.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I've been doing this when the problem occurs (thanks, I don't know why I didn't think of that). Indeed, when the problem occurs, I find in task manager that the program is still open. I don't kno whwy, but it is. Closing it there, as you suggested, resolves the problem. Thanks again.