Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to create custom SmartSound MUSIC FILES for PD 14 ???
[Post New]
How do i create a custom SmartSound MUSIC FILE for PD 14 ???

Sample of my work with powerdirector 14:

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "custom file".
However...if you open the Magic Music/Smartsound module you can create your audio project and export the audio only. This will give you your completed track.
If you REALLY want to be a "composer" I suggest you get Smartsound SonicFire Pro 6.
SFP6 is the big brother of Magic Music, and it's very easy to learn. Although some folks think SS/MM is pricey, you get a whole lot of bang for your buck (or pound), and on EBAY I often see highly discounted albums, as low as $12, and Smartsouund does offer sales and discounts.
Be forewarned, you might enjoy composing so much, and combined with video editing, you will become a stranger in your own home!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19. 2018 08:51

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Bill A
Newbie Location: Houston, Texas Joined: Oct 06, 2012 17:39 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
IF you want the full SonicFire Pro 6, the easiest and cheapest way is to go to Ebay and search for AVID Production Suite

An example is https://www.ebay.com/itm/AVID-Production-Suite-6-Disc-Bundle-0010-30464-02-A-Sonic-Boris-FX-Squeeze/331989638928?hash=item4d4c1fdf10:g:hpoAAOSw~bFWL-HF

This comes with a full copy of Sonic Fire Pro 5 for about $20 which includes one or if lucky even two of the Strata series disks of music.

The SonicFire 5 Pro is a full copy. Install and register the serial number with Smart Sound. You can even upgrade off of Smart Sounds website to ver 5.7 for free.

Login onto the Smartsound website, setup an account and send them an email with your serial number from SonicFire Pro 5. They will include the Soncifire 5 license in your registry of valid products on their website which then qualifies you to upgrade to SonicFire 6 for $69.95

When you upgrade you get an additional 10 song variations from the Core Ultimate (EX) series.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chevy1976 -

As Barry & Bill have suggested, SonicFire Pro is the way to go for completely customising SmartSound tracks.

In some previous versions of PDR (when SmartSound was part of the package), SmartSound Express Track was included. This was based on Sonicfire Pro. If you have access to that, it will possibly suit your needs. On second thought, maybe Express Track was available as a free download when you purchased music (???)

DUH! Sometimes I'm not real bright. I believe you can stil install SmartSound QuickTracks 5 by downloading from this page.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2018 12:32

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!