Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Timeline and display photos are different photos
elderone1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Courtenay Joined: Nov 23, 2011 15:57 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I use photos from a number of different cameras. On three recent projects, one of the photos on the timeline repeatedly substitutes for the photo displayed and identified on the timeline. There is no relation between the projects or the photos (meaning in one project the interfering photo was from a Canon G5x, and on another it was from an ASUS ZXenfone3...can't remember the third combination).

I find the correct image on the menu and copy and replace it in the corresponding position on the timeline, and all seems well. I usually do a manual Ssave at that time too. When editing a sequence of several hundred photos, itis a pain to go through again and again and discover that a random number of images have been substituted in this manner.

I am not positive of a pattern but it seems the substituted photos are often ones on which I have used the "Enhance Image" tool. It may be that the enhance tool is adding that singular image that is being substituted as well doing the Enhance (perhaps the first image enhanced follows the tool to further images, but not every enhanced image). I have not yet discovered a pattern.

On the previous project, I was using images from seven different devices. The substituting image was from the ASUS Zenfone3, which used a date/time stamp for ID. Example "20180117_111620" which is the date plus 11:16:20 time stamp. I thought that the time stamp may be overriding the various images other ID code, so after trying various other things, I gave the interfering photo a new name, removed the original from the project and deleted it from my PC. I cannot remember which photos this image had been imposing itself on.

On thiscurrent project, most of my photos were from a Nikon camera with ID coding like "_600xxxx". The specific interfering cropped and enhanced photo was from a Canon G5x, with ID coding "IMG_0666". I did not record if the photos being overlayed were from the Nikon, a Canon Rugby phone or that ASUS Zenfone3, but I think they were all on the Nikon images.

Anyone finding similar anomalies with suggest sequence for easiest correction?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I had this happen one time with images with the same name even though they were if different folders. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM