Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Uploading to youtube
[Post New]
After we have edited our project, we are having issues uploading to youtube, we signed on our youtube, and power director accounts but are still not able to upload to YouTube. Continuously get message that the power director is not connecting to our YouTube account and that there is an issue with the Gmail account. We have tried fixing the cookie issue and everything else that we have found online with no good results. The way we've been having to upload to YouTube is to actually produce the video and go into our YouTube account and upload it. But that takes several hours in order to upload the DVD to YouTube. We are looking for a faster way. Last February 2017 we were able to upload directly to the YouTube account without any issues. But this last try is not letting us upload to YouTube at all and we know that it's a lot faster way to do it than to have to actually upload the project on the YouTube channel. Our videos are usually an hour and 45 minutes to 2hours long. In takes approximately 4 to 5 hours to upload the project to YouTube the way we are doing it now. Our operating system is windows 10 and the power director program that we have is 15 ultra. We are not really techies and don't understand a lot of the terminology so if you could explain it to where we could understand we would appreciate it.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
One to two hour videos are too long to use the PD15 YouTube Uploader. The limit is 10 to 15 minutes and that is why you were able to upload the short videos in the past with PD15. You will have to upload videos the way you are doing now.
[Post New]
Quote One to two hour videos are too long to use the PD15 YouTube Uploader. The limit is 10 to 15 minutes and that is why you were able to upload the short videos in the past with PD15. You will have to upload videos the way you are doing now.
. In the past we have been able to upload longer videos, any reason why we can't now, we appreciate your answer.
websiteee [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
If your video size is too large then you should compress it to upload on YuTube.
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote After we have edited our project, we are having issues uploading to youtube, we signed on our youtube, and power director accounts but are still not able to upload to YouTube. Continuously get message that the power director is not connecting to our YouTube account and that there is an issue with the Gmail account. We have tried fixing the cookie issue and everything else that we have found online with no good results. The way we've been having to upload to YouTube is to actually produce the video and go into our YouTube account and upload it. But that takes several hours in order to upload the DVD to YouTube. We are looking for a faster way. Last February 2017 we were able to upload directly to the YouTube account without any issues. But this last try is not letting us upload to YouTube at all and we know that it's a lot faster way to do it than to have to actually upload the project on the YouTube channel. Our videos are usually an hour and 45 minutes to 2hours long. In takes approximately 4 to 5 hours to upload the project to YouTube the way we are doing it now. Our operating system is windows 10 and the power director program that we have is 15 ultra. We are not really techies and don't understand a lot of the terminology so if you could explain it to where we could understand we would appreciate it.

You really should not be doing muliple posts in a forum it makes harder on someone else to find proper information

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
"In the past we have been able to upload longer videos, any reason why we can't now, we appreciate your answer."

No idea why it would have changed now, but I recall that when Youtube increased its limits years ago, PDR wouldn't allow videos longer than 15mins unless the registry key was edited to increase the time limit.

I note that the key in my PDR15 still stands at 15mins so maybe altering it might help? I don't use the inbuilt youtube uploader so I have no recent experience, I'm afraid.

If you want the details to try, please PM me.

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
By default, PDR's YouTube uploader is limited to 15 minutes.

As Adrian suggests, that can be changed by editing the registry (REGEDIT). It's shown in this video.

I don't generally use the YT uploader either, but I just did the registry edit & set the YouTube Time Limit to 60.... then uploaded a 40 minute video through the uploader. All good.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote After we have edited our project, we are having issues uploading to youtube, we signed on our youtube, and power director accounts but are still not able to upload to YouTube. Continuously get message that the power director is not connecting to our YouTube account and that there is an issue with the Gmail account. We have tried fixing the cookie issue and everything else that we have found online with no good results. The way we've been having to upload to YouTube is to actually produce the video and go into our YouTube account and upload it. But that takes several hours in order to upload the DVD to YouTube. We are looking for a faster way. Last February 2017 we were able to upload directly to the YouTube account without any issues. But this last try is not letting us upload to YouTube at all and we know that it's a lot faster way to do it than to have to actually upload the project on the YouTube channel. Our videos are usually an hour and 45 minutes to 2hours long. In takes approximately 4 to 5 hours to upload the project to YouTube the way we are doing it now. Our operating system is windows 10 and the power director program that we have is 15 ultra. We are not really techies and don't understand a lot of the terminology so if you could explain it to where we could understand we would appreciate it.

You really should not be doing muliple posts in a forum it makes harder on someone else to find proper information

[/quotePostI

I am a newbie, didnt know, thanks for letting me k ow.