Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how to edit a title particle.. or recreate it ?
kevinkss [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2014 15:02 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
so I like the sporty title called action 4... but for what I want to use it for the blue particle is too small
for me to fit my text into..

so I would like to make a larger one.. I dont see a way I can edit..

how can I recreate the "squares" particle ? like how was this created from the beggining ?

any tutorial on this? all particle tutorials I see using the editor want to make particles
move all over the place.. not just have a side move...

any ideas ? thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi kevinkss -

You're opening a potential can of worms with your question laughing

That blue thing isn't really a "particle", as such. It's an animation made of 300 separate .png files. Because of that, editing it is a bit of a challenge.

How challenging it it depends whether you:

1. only want to use it as a one-off, or

2. want to modify the template for future repeated use.

Either way, the initial steps are the same. It's just that option (b) takes a lot more mucking round!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
kevinkss [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks..

is there any easy way to get drag bars on it to make it bigger ? thats all I really want to do to it.. thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
There's no way to "get drag bars to make it bigger" in Title Designer.

The only way I know is to work with the actual animation files, which can be found in a zipped folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 3\Titles\Action 4

What you want to do is doable, but quick & easy.

An example:

I could rustle up a screen capture to show you how that was done... or send you the project (minus the background video). Guess it depends whether you'd like to know how to do it or have a quick fix.

P.S. I had nothing to do with writing the software. We all just work with what we have. Those template animations are made to be used as they are.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
kevinkss [Avatar]
[Post New]
Awesome Tony...

for now if you can jsut get me that altered one that would be great.... it would be cool to know
for future how to edit them... thanks