Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
open program, works, close program. try to open again, wont open?
and-power [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2018 23:34 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Ever since i installed PD 16, i click on open and it opens
when close all is good
if i click on PD 16 icon again, 1 second passes and nothing happens
i thought it was open in the background and its not there
i go to task manager and its not there?
only way to reopen the program is to restart the computer
using Windows 10 Pro

any suggestions?
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Ever since i installed PD 16, i click on open and it opens
when close all is good
if i click on PD 16 icon again, 1 second passes and nothing happens
i thought it was open in the background and its not there
i go to task manager and its not there?
only way to reopen the program is to restart the computer
using Windows 10 Pro

any suggestions?

I don't know if there is something special about W10 but I use W7 and get the same problem. Sometimes instead of "nothing" I get a message saying something like Cannot support multiple instances of this process, but I believe it all amounts to the same thing.

There seems to be an issue with PD16 closing down and in an earlier thread some were experiencing different delay times before PD could be launched again. You can see whats getting in the way if you open Task Manager processes screen and show processes from all users, sorted in alpha order its generally (for me) one or two items starting PD...... In my experience once both have disappeared PD can be launched again.

You say 1 second - you may need to wait more - differences exist. Some say its PD tidying up, clearing temp files etc. I think its annoying.

Another way if you just want to make a clean start is to use File/New Project - it will ask to save if you haven't for the present project - opt for File/New Workspace and as I recal it starts a new project using the existing Library.

Going on the above advice about watching processes in task manager, try a relaunch immediately you see both PDx processes have gone - if it works thats almost definately whats causing your problem.

I would hope someone has already emailed support about this irritation.

Alan .