Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issues with speeding up a clip
jeffsimon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2018 11:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
When I speed up a clip within a video project, the payback during editing is not working properly. The video freezes while audio continues and it is choppy when it does work. Any advice?
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I speed up a clip within a video project, the payback during editing is not working properly. The video freezes while audio continues and it is choppy when it does work. Any advice?

Hi

This behaviour is normally caused by a low powered PC. What resolution and format are you trying to edit?

Please post a copy of your PCs DxDiag file so that members can judge and comment on the specification.

In the meantime try using shadow files, and reduce the quality of the preview screen. You can also edit in Non Real-time, but note there will be no audio if you use NRT. However, the audio is not lost, just muted to help a struggling PC.

If you use shadow files, ensure that all the clips have a green flag before you start to edit.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Dimitrios123 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Greece Joined: Nov 20, 2017 13:15 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Indeed, one should enable shadow files. And not waiting for the shadow files to complete (the green flag Robert mentioned) would be a source of problems.

Another thing I should point out is that, if you are using the trial version, beware taht it has a very choppy preview performance (it was struggling on my system, though it is quite powerful for the purpose).

Quote When I speed up a clip within a video project, the payback during editing is not working properly. The video freezes while audio continues and it is choppy when it does work. Any advice?

Hi

This behaviour is normally caused by a low powered PC. What resolution and format are you trying to edit?

Please post a copy of your PCs DxDiag file so that members can judge and comment on the specification.

In the meantime try using shadow files, and reduce the quality of the preview screen. You can also edit in Non Real-time, but note there will be no audio if you use NRT. However, the audio is not lost, just muted to help a struggling PC.

If you use shadow files, ensure that all the clips have a green flag before you start to edit.

Robert