Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CD6 shows no images
agrafton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2009 15:59 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
My CD6 for some reason has stopped showing images after production, it now shows a musical note.
any ideas,
thanks Alan
[Post New]
Hello Alan,

That's a strange thing indeed, since CDR is incapable of producing an audio-only file.

Where do you see the musical note, in lieu of images? In the thumbnail? within CDR6? Could you please post a screenshot showing the problem?

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 09. 2018 21:36

PIX YouTube channel
agrafton [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Alan,

That's a strange thing indeed, since CDR is incapable of producing an auio-only file.

Where do you see the musical note, in lieu of images? In the thumbnail? withing CDR6? Could you please post a screenshot showing the problem?

PIX

Here is an unusual update to this post my default DVD player is Cyberlink Power DVD15 but no images. However if I use VLC Media Player the video plays, so now the quandry changes hand. I have to wonder if Power DVD has issues but then again it does play videos from past few weeks ok. Thanks, Alan
try to get a screen shot shortly
[Post New]
Alan,

Just to clarify, are you producing a video in CDR6 then using that in PowerDVD? The video plays correctly in VLC player, yes?

The range of video formats supported in PowerDVD17 is very extensive - https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=19880&prodId=1&prodVerId=1274&CategoryId=-1&keyword=supported%20file%20format so I'm surprised there's a problem.

To resolve the issue, we need to know exactly what steps you've taken, including the format & profile you selected to produce the video.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
agrafton [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Alan,

Just to clarify, are you producing a video in CDR6 then using that in PowerDVD? The video plays correctly in VLC player, yes?

The range of video formats supported in PowerDVD17 is very extensive - https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=19880&prodId=1&prodVerId=1274&CategoryId=-1&keyword=supported%20file%20format so I'm surprised there's a problem.

To resolve the issue, we need to know exactly what steps you've taken, including the format & profile you selected to produce the video.

PIX

PIX,

For the past year I ve been editing my videos in PD15 and using CD5 for color enhancement.

I upgraded to CD6 and that’s when things seemed to go from bad to worse so to speak. When I produce

a video in PD15 or CD6 I use H.265 HEVC MP4 and the output has been fantastic and for some reason

CD6 went wacky on me or so I thought however my default video player PDVD15 is not playing them but

VLC Media Player does SO CD6 is working as the video look fine. I guess my real issue is why PDVD15 will

Not play my videos from CD6. Now I’m confused and back to square one.

Thanks Alan

[Post New]
That's good information, Alan. We may be getting closer.

According to this comparison chart, only the Live & Ultra versions of PowerDVD support HEVC (H.265) playback. So, if your version is "Pro" or "Standard", that would explain what's happening.

If that's the case, rendering using AVC H.264 would overcome it.

If it's not the case, we'll need to keep digging.

VLC Player has its own built in codecs, which is why it happily played your produced file.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
agrafton [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That's good information, Alan. We may be getting closer.

According to this comparison chart, only the Live & Ultra versions of PowerDVD support HEVC (H.265) playback. So, if your version is "Pro" or "Standard", that would explain what's happening.

VLC Player has its own built in codecs, which is why it happily played your produced file.

PIX

Pix,
I will try AVC H.264 and will make a short video in PD15 my usual way and see what the results are.
Post tomorrow, Thanks
Alan
agrafton [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That's good information, Alan. We may be getting closer.

PIX

Pix,
I will try AVC H.264 and will make a short video in PD15 my usual way and see what the results are.
Post tomorrow, Thanks
Alan

PIX,
My apologizes for not getting back woth you sooner, my problem was usuing H.265 instead of H.264. I can't believe I overlooked that as I have been doing videos for past 10 plus years. Thank you for bringing to light about Cybelink in comparison of Power DVD15 andPower DVD17 I will be upgrading soon as in next few days.
Thanks again,
Alan