Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD16 Constantly Freezes Now
nickd67 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 11, 2017 14:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone combat this annoying issue of PD16 freezing, constantly when putting a comlex video together? My computer hardware super-exceeds recommendations (listed below) of this software. The issue I've noticed is that the video I'm currently working on, is pretty complex. After a certain point in the video it FREEZES. It freezes every time now. The issues come into play when I have the timeline expanded down to where you see every other second along. This also started round the time when I put a cloud particle on a video portion at the current place I'm at within the timeline and then freezes. When I go to crunch the timeline PD16 freezes. When I exapand the timeline it freezes. When I go to load a media clip, PD16 freezes. When I try to do a voice over and after it loads it freezes. That's some of the bigger issues I'm having. Each time I get back in and try something different, it just freezes. I'm up to date on the recent patch they sent back in Novemeber? December? Some of the problems I was having then went away with that patch. NOW, I'm having freeze issues do to a complex video.

I've stopped all software from running in the background so the hardware can help run PS16 without hiccup, however, that's not the case.

Graphics Chipset -- AMD Radeon RX560 // Memory size 4096 // GDDR5
CPU Type -- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-core Processor
Windows 10
System Memory -- 16gb

Help? Suggestions? If PD16 is not capable of doing complex videos then I'll have to look elsewhere.

Thanks for anyone's help and time.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I would check the preview level, the HD preview requires sometimes more processing when you have complex edits.

Try setting your preview lower resolution. Preview resolution does not affect your produced video. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I would check the preview level, the HD preview requires sometimes more processing when you have complex edits.

Try setting your preview lower resolution. Preview resolution does not affect your produced video.

Are you using shadow files? If you are trying to edit high resolution media shadow files can make a big difference. That, combined with Carl's suggestion will help a lot.

Also, if you don't need audio while you edit, try using non-realtime editing.

All of the above will help Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
PWee [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Florida Joined: Feb 23, 2016 14:07 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with PD 16. The projects such as theme, express,slideshow etc runs slowly when loading pics and videos into the project. Further, when play is pushed to review the project ofter there is sound but no pics or it will advance a few seconds and stop. In addition, half the transitions no longer work. Why would it run fine for months and now freeze constantly and accorking to my task mgr be not responding? I might go back to Adobe Premiere Elements. if this continues. The more people I know, the more I love my dog.