Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is my GPU doing anything ?
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the additional inputs guys. Will revert to proper driver and move on from this. I have to say though that this machine was purchased for $ 300 and performed very nicely out of the refurb box. Upgrade to SSD and moved the HDD to the DVD bay and it not only scores highly on Benchmark tests but Windows is at 6.9 and thats more than sufficient for me. It will not float my boat however but can be used ON my boat if I so choose. And I like that. Again thanks to all for sharing your knowledge. It truly is appreciated.
Scott ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Just an update and a thanks to all that took the time to help. After all this I did what Sonic said and installed the latest driver for my card (which was the same one that was originally installed on this machine) Lo and behold I can now select the NVIDIA gpu from the contrul panel and it works. Just fine. I guess a fresh re-install was all it needed. Why ? I dont know but it works and I am happy.
Thanks again to all of you. ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Much to my surprise I see activities in my GTX1060 in my laptop using PD16. Likely since the installation of Windows 10 1803. Good performance of the preview screen, even with 4K video.

Is it me? I am seeing things or are there more of you out these seeing the same? And what might have happened?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 16. 2018 14:30

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Much to my surprise I see activities in my GTX1060 in my laptop using PD16. Likely since the installation of Windows 10 1803. Good performance of the preview screen, even with 4K video.

Is it me? I am seeing things or are there more of you out these seeing the same? And what might have happened?

It is a new function in Windows 10 1803. There was the hope, that the new function works for PowerDirector. As far as I know, you are the first proof laughing

Hatti