Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD and Garmin Virb 360 with G-Metrix Data
wolframmitbach [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2015 11:36 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I want to edit videos from my Garmin Virb 360 with PD15 without using the Garmin Virb edit PC software.

G-Metrix Data are produced from the camera in .xls and .gpx format together with the .mp4 file and provide data from the camera and connected devices like position, track, speed, heartrate a.s.o.

I'd like to know if PD15 can select and include these G-Metrix data into the video direcltly ?

Thanks Wolfram
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Wolfram -

As far as I can tell, only the VIRB Edit app can detect the G-Metrix data, so if you want to use that you'd need to process it in the VIRB app before importing into PDR.

This guy (a university researcher) has posted some instructions for extracting/converting the data into other formats, including .txt. With a lot of mucking around, you could create overlays as titles in PDR, but you'd be missing out on the graphics.

In any case, PDR wouldn't stand a chance of reaing the G-Metrix data.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!