Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can YouCam Captures Be Edited in my PowerDirector 16?
[Post New]
Very new to all of this. Wanted to capture video from my new Logi C922 Prostream webcam, and save for editing in PowerDirector 16, which I just purchased as well. I tried OBS, but find it less than user-friendly. Is this possible? Any advice? Thanks in advance!
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Very new to all of this. Wanted to capture video from my new Logi C922 Prostream webcam, and save for editing in PowerDirector 16, which I just purchased as well. I tried OBS, but find it less than user-friendly. Is this possible? Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Sure.
The video captured by YouCam can be used in PowerDirector, although I don't have the latest PowerDirector version 16 but I think it's ok without problem.
maybe you can get their trial version of YouCam to test it works with your Logitech C922 or not.
[Post New]
Quote Very new to all of this. Wanted to capture video from my new Logi C922 Prostream webcam, and save for editing in PowerDirector 16, which I just purchased as well. I tried OBS, but find it less than user-friendly. Is this possible? Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Sure.
The video captured by YouCam can be used in PowerDirector, although I don't have the latest PowerDirector version 16 but I think it's ok without problem.
maybe you can get their trial version of YouCam to test it works with your Logitech C922 or not.

Thanks for the quick answer! I get very busy at work during the week, but plan to test it all out this weekend. Any idea which format(s) you can save captured video in with YouCam 7? The CyberLink webpage for it is sorely lacking in details like this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 25. 2018 06:32

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Did you find the user manual here? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Quote Did you find the user manual here?

Thanks for the link! However, after combing through it amd using a search function, the only thing I can find is:

"Captureformat: select the file format for captured video from the drop-down
list. If your computer supports Intel Quick Sync Video Technology, the HD
H.264 (MP4) format video format is available."

Sadly, that doesn't really answer the question. But at least it is something.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 25. 2018 11:39