Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
About custom text effect
Kristinabalai [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2018 06:49 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
How do i create a custom title with effect using particle as the background but without the background particle takes on the whole screen? I just want the particle background to be around the title text

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2018 18:23

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kristinabalai -

When you're preparing your particle effect, under Emit Method you can apply a mask. The attached screenshot shows where...

Here's an example where a mask has been applied to block the centre space - & here is the same particle incorporated in a title template.

The mask is a simple black & white image - the black section gets blocked & the white part shows through. I've attached the mask I used for the particle effect above.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Particle Mask.png]
 Filename
Particle Mask.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
153 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - mask_012.png]
 Filename
mask_012.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Kristinabalai [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2018 06:49 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Kristinabalai -

When you're preparing your particle effect, under Emit Method you can apply a mask. The attached screenshot shows where...

Here's an example where a mask has been applied to block the centre space - & here is the same particle incorporated in a title template.

The mask is a simple black & white image - the black section gets blocked & the white part shows through. I've attached the mask I used for the particle effect above.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony,

The problem now sloved.
First I create the title with the particle background and convert into movie.
Second, I use the masking to hide the unwanted section.

What a powerful tool this is.

Cheers.