Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with PD 16
Andy11800 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2017 09:02 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Have been doing simple conversion of VHS tapes to dvd. Upgraded from 15 to 16, and have installed a new 2TB external HD to save computer space. Most tapes have 3-4 different subjects on them, and I have been capturing and saving each as files on HD. When I try to edit, (open file) it shows file being loaded and asks if i want to merge it to the library. regarles of response, it shows file being opened, (green progress bar), buit NOTHING on the story board. It shows a top og screen that the file and it's location is there.
I hope this explains my problem, as I am a NOVICE at this.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
What do you see in timeline view? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Andy11800 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote What do you see in timeline view?

Nothing
Andy11800 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Nothing

I did a recording of whaty happens, but don't know how to post it.
Andy11800 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Nothing

I did a recording of whaty happens, but don't know how to post it.
 Filename
Capture_20180115134106_mp4.mrk
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
424 bytes
 Downloaded:
156 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You need to post the MP4 file. not .mrk file. the mrk is the mouse clicks. MP4 (usually very large) is the actual video capture. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The forum is messing up again, I got a double post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2018 14:04

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Andy11800 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The forum is messing up again, I got a double post.

try this again. Bear with me, learning by trial and error, MOSTLY ERROR>
 Filename
Capture_20180115143106.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2266 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
158 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Well that was a nice screen capture that did not show what I wanted to see. Did you select the video and drag it down to the timeline? I didn't see that you did. It does take some time. With 4:3 and VHS type input, you do not need shadow files unless your computer is woefully underpowered.

I would have liked to see a short section of the original capture. Do you have one available? I want it raw from the capture and not from being edited anywhere.

I did not see the green progress bar Are you sure you don't have the shadow files activated? If so, the bar has to go all the way before you will see anyything on the timeline.

Using Windows, If you right click on one of the files and go to details, can you post a screen shot of that?

What device are you using to do the capture. Most will do mpg2 and AVI. I don't know of any that will do mpg4.

Carl may be attacking your problem another way so we may be asking a lot of the same and a few different questions. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Andy11800 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Well that was a nice screen capture that did not show what I wanted to see. Did you select the video and drag it down to the timeline? I didn't see that you did. It does take some time. With 4:3 and VHS type input, you do not need shadow files unless your computer is woefully underpowered.

I would have liked to see a short section of the original capture. Do you have one available? I want it raw from the capture and not from being edited anywhere.

I did not see the green progress bar Are you sure you don't have the shadow files activated? If so, the bar has to go all the way before you will see anyything on the timeline.

Using Windows, If you right click on one of the files and go to details, can you post a screen shot of that?

What device are you using to do the capture. Most will do mpg2 and AVI. I don't know of any that will do mpg4.

Carl may be attacking your problem another way so we may be asking a lot of the same and a few different questions.
I'm using a Diamond VC500 video capture device. the video doesn't show up in the menu to ber draggeddown to the timeline. At the very top of the screen, it shows the file name, but the timeline is blank. I will attempt another capture of the problem and re send.
Andy11800 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Try again
 Filename
Capture_20180115155807.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4380 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
173 time(s)