Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Concurrent User Not Supported Message
BobEK49 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2015 20:19 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PowerDirector 13. While using the application to edit a video, the application suddenly closed without warning. When I tried to open the application again, I get the message "Concurrent user session not supported". The only option is to close this message. This effectively locks the application.
I have waited hours and retried the application with the same result. I have attempted to re-install the application and I get the "Concurrent user..." message once the install begins. I can find the PDR13.exe file running in the windows Task Manager and the status is listed as "suspended". I can try to end the task and I get a message that access is denied.
How can I close an application which seems to be closed? How can I use an application that "thinks" that it is already open when it is not?
Is there a lock file or some other tool that is used to prevent concurrnet use of the program that may not have been properly cleared when the application closed suddenly?