Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video clip player & extraction of photo
ScottXe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2018 12:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am looking for a universal video player for playing mp4, flv, mov video clips and extracting photo from the video clip. Any good product to suggest? Thanks!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Scott -

I don't think you can go past VLC player, personally. There are plenty of media players available that will meet your needs.

Here, I use a number of players for different purposes but VLC & MPC-HC are my go to players.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ScottXe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Scott -

I don't think you can go past VLC player, personally. There are plenty of media players available that will meet your needs.

Here, I use a number of players for different purposes but VLC & MPC-HC are my go to players.

Cheers - Tony

I need a powerful and reliable video player, not VLC & MPC-HC which are good for free of charge. Needless to say I need the player is able to edit the video clip such as rotation, cut out useless portion, align video horizontally, etc, handy as well.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Are you looking for a video PLAYER (like PowerDVD) or for a video EDITOR (like Power Director)? You may not get both in one program.

What is you budget? You can buy both of the above; they are on sale. Sale ends today (Jan 15). If you buy, get the Ultra versions. The others lack some features. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ScottXe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Are you looking for a video PLAYER (like PowerDVD) or for a video EDITOR (like Power Director)? You may not get both in one program.

What is you budget? You can buy both of the above; they are on sale. Sale ends today (Jan 15). If you buy, get the Ultra versions. The others lack some features.

I prefer the program that is powerful playback of mainstream formats since I receive video clips from different sources (foc programs are workable but spend too much time for right program to play back) and edit the video in some common parameters such as straightening, removing useless portions, rotating 90 deg CW or CCW, etc.

With the same requirements for audio file, mp3, Audio Director is too professional and expensive to me. Any other options?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Scott -

Not sure why you might need a media player (your original question) that also acts as an editor when you're using PowerDirector, but you probably have good reasons.

I'm not here to promote one player over another. I was simply making a suggestion on the basis of some years of using and testing various media players.

Quote: I need a powerful and reliable video player, not VLC & MPC-HC

I doubt you've ever looked at or used VLC Player, so you may not be aware that it can:

• Play back just about anything you throw at it

• Add audio effects - equalise, compress, spatialise, visualise etc

• Add video effects - enhance & adjust colour/lighting/sharpness, crop, zoom, rotate, add overlays & dozens of other things you'd probably never want/need to use

• Add subtitles from external subtitle file

• Navigate through chapters & bookmarks

• Extract snapshots, record audio, loop playback beteen specific points...

• Convert & stream video etc etc etc

That's way more than I'm ever likely to need in a media player!

If you care to investigate further, have a look at the Basic Help File & the User Guide (accessed from the same page)

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 14. 2018 10:41

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!