Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
2560 x 1440 import on trial version
melph [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2018 05:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Im evaluatiing the Powerdirector 16 ulitimate software but Ihave run into a problem - I cannot import 2560 x 1440 videos - I receive a message "Your version of PowerDirecor doesnt support this feature"

Is this just a limitation of the Trial version? Will it work if I purchase the software?

I also find that using the Screen Capture 16, whilst I can capture a full 2560 z 1440 window, in options of the screen capture the max recording resolution is 1980 x ..... At some point it is down sizing teh video but the resultant quality is quite poor (artifacts and blurring) - Is this normal.

Sorry for what might seem obvious questions - I am completely new to this type of software so I am on a very stee learning curve

Many thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12. 2018 05:42

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi

Im evaluatiing the Powerdirector 16 ulitimate software but Ihave run into a problem - I cannot import 2560 x 1440 videos - I receive a message "Your version of PowerDirecor doesnt support this feature"

Is this just a limitation of the Trial version? Will it work if I purchase the software?

I also find that using the Screen Capture 16, whilst I can capture a full 2560 z 1440 window, in options of the screen capture the max recording resolution is 1980 x ..... At some point it is down sizing teh video but the resultant quality is quite poor (artifacts and blurring) - Is this normal.

Sorry for what might seem obvious questions - I am completely new to this type of software so I am on a very stee learning curve

Many thanks
Yes, the trial version is limited.

Click on Product information tab.

Trial limits.

Two of the limits are:
2K/4K resolution H.264 video files are not supported
Importing and producing H.265 video files is not available Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi melph -

On your screen recorder question, that's not a trial limitation. It's just how CL Screen Recorder is. If you look at the file settings, you'll see that 1920x1080 is the maximum output (even though it might say 2560x1440 in the GUI).

If you need to record at higher resolutions, there are quite a few options... even some free ones. For 4K/UHD captures, I use Camtasia 9. OBS does an excellent job too.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!