Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transitions new ones
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Being a recent convert to PD16 I am missing a few of my favourite transitions and have looked into Transition Designer and have concluded that if all you want to do is to wipe from A to B with some new and wierd intermediate fading then this may be your answer. However I want something I cannot see Transition Designer being able to do.

So experts - what do you think - can I create transitions of the type shown in this short video?

Short video of transitions examples

or am I expecting too much? How are the transitions we have free examples of made? Or is it not that simple.

Guidance and advice greatly appreciated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10. 2018 19:10

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There is probably nothing you need to create. You did not say what version of editing software you had before PD16. The box and shove transition are all there. You need to place them between 2 clips. Click on the transition and hit modify to change the direction as shown in this video at 05:20: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVsYnnaHO5k .
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There is probably nothing you need to create. You did not say what version of editing software you had before PD16. The box and shove transition are all there. You need to place them between 2 clips. Click on the transition and hit modify to change the direction as shown in this video at 05:20: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVsYnnaHO5k .

Thanks Tomasc for your reply.

I just found Shove Wipe and Slide that satisfy 5,6,7,8 pretty well

and now I found box (albeit just box rather than circle as an option)), but 3 and 4 where in and out are scaled is still a challenge

Not as much to search for as I had thought - but this is turning out to be what PD seems all about - super feature rich and probably what you want is in there somewhere.

My original editor was Movavi, this is my first experience of PD.

Many thanks.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
3 and 4 scaling can be done with PiP designer and the videos on separate tracks. Let a smart user explain the procedure. You can do it yourself with some experience.