Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD15 Editing question
Andy11800 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2017 09:02 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
First off, I am relatively new to PD15. Have been using it for a short time, converting VHS tapes to DVD. Have had fairly good success so far. I guess my biggest issue is many of the tapes have maybe 3 or 4 different things on them. ie. christmas, granddaughters bday, etc. Trying to separate, and place all similar things on a separate dvd. Is there a way that I can capture the entire tape, then cut each segment and save as a separate file? At73 years old, it took several weeks to adjust from my FLIP phone, so tech isn't my strong suit. ANY help or suggestions would be appreciated.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Youngster !

Capture the full tapes as you can and then select the gear icon "Preferences" then "Capture" and make sure there is no checkmark by do not detect scenes. You can select any of the other two options.

You will have to sort through the scenes to find the ones you want to use.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10. 2018 10:39

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Andy11800 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2017 09:02 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, Youngster !

Capture the full tapes as you can and then select the gear icon "Preferences" then "Capture" and make sure there is no checkmark by do not detect scenes. You can select any of the other two options.

You will have to sort through the scenes to find the ones you want to use.

Thamks, I'll give this a try. Have been litterally re-running the same tape and capturing several times to separate. Hope this saves some time. Thanks again.
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
If your capture produces one long file, here is a tutorial showing how to mark each segment as a range and produce a separate video for each.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkdTfFHAvKQ