Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Speeding Up a Title Animation
ArchedEdge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2017 11:14 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

Trying to implement an intro title for people in my video, along similar lines as to what's going on here:

https://youtu.be/FIqq6EQPr3U?list=PLMBYlcH3smRygAiqWk6GTBaHJMhqASZUw&t=379

However, the titles in PD are a bit slow, for instance, the current one I'm looking at takes place over 10 seconds. How can I make the WHOLE title animation take place in say, 1 second? IF I try and set the duration, the animation simply just cuts it off at 1 second (though the actual titles seem to still come in faster)

Thanks in advance
ArchedEdge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Any thoughts team?

Thanks!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Arched Edge -

I gather you're talking about title templates where there's a built in animation (it may appear as a particle track in Title Designer).

Those animations are totally fixed, being made of a sequence of .PNG files. They cannot be sped up or slowed down, without digging into the template folder and modifying the graphics.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Any thoughts team?

Thanks!

New to PD16 like yourself - but I have been playing with animated titles using the free NewBlue Titler 1.5 Pro - and I would guess it could well do exactly what you want. Not sure what you do want - but animations and there's tons of them can all be editing for speed almost without limit. Be warned its very comprehensive that makes it particularly feature rich and flexible at the cost of being slightly more difficult to learn - well I found it a struggle at times - but persistence has paid off and I find I can do almost all I want to - when I've worked out how to smile

Have a go - I think you'll be impressed.

Alan.
ArchedEdge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you both! I may just set it up as a separate video and speed it up for now but will defo look into New Blue!
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you both! I may just set it up as a separate video and speed it up for now but will defo look into New Blue!

You can find 29 tutorials on the Titler Pro add-in for PowerDirector here: http://sharperturtle.com/tpro.html