Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adobe Premiere Pro Call-Outs Titles
Skynet 1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2015 08:11 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to create Call Out Titles like Adobe Premiere can with PowerDirector 16?
Here is a link to an example of the call outs I would like to ba able to create.

https://motionarray.com/premiere-pro-templates/call-outs-titles-17606

Thanks,
Bob
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bob -

It's possible, but you'd need to be pretty handy with graphics and animation. I wouldn't say I was, but I've spent a fair bit of time trying! embarassed

Because those templates are for Premiere Pro or After Effects, the actual project files can't be used (of course) BUT many of the animations (not the text) are actually .MOV files with alpha channel - a bit like the animated video overlays (PiP Objects) in PDR. Those .MOV files can be imported into PDR & you can overlay your own text.

I just downloaded one of the free PP templates (Free Quotes) & the included .MOV files imported into PDR with no problems.

Some time back, I did manage to make some simple animated callouts. Here's one of them.

Question is - how much time do you have? laughing

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Skynet 1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2015 08:11 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony for the info.
I downloaded the example you made and will play with it to see what I can do with it in my video's.

Bob