Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issues rendering videos shot on GoPro HERO6
badapple [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2017 08:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I recently upgraded from a GoPro HERO5 to a GoPro HERO6. I had no issues rendering any video shot from the HERO5 on PowerDirector 15. However, on the HERO6 when I choose the Intelligent SVRT mode and attempt to render (on formats shot under H.264) I get a message saying "Production unsuccessful. Please ensure your graphics card driver is up-to-date, and update to the latest version of Windows Media Player. You can also try to output the production in a different video format." This message also occurs when I choose the Hardware video encoder. I am able to render the video in a lower bitrate, however it takes forever to render than the footage shot on my HERO5 under Intelligent SVRT.

I have a pretty up to date computer, and I believe this production issue is just a limitation of the software. Additionally, Intelligent SVRT is not available for H.265 HEVC video yet, and takes 10 times as long to render.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
Well, in short, the GoPro Hero 6 came out in September 2017, and PowerDirector 15 came out in September 2016, so there is a possibility it is behind. Maybe try downloading the trial for version 16?
Also, you say your computer is "pretty up to date", but that is vague. Have you updated your graphics card lately from the web site?
Can you submit your DXDiag file here as well so other users can have a look? That will help shed some light.
David
badapple [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2017 08:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,
Well, in short, the GoPro Hero 6 came out in September 2017, and PowerDirector 15 came out in September 2016, so there is a possibility it is behind. Maybe try downloading the trial for version 16?
Also, you say your computer is "pretty up to date", but that is vague. Have you updated your graphics card lately from the web site?
Can you submit your DXDiag file here as well so other users can have a look? That will help shed some light.
David

I've attached my dxdiag file.
Also, I've noticed the HERO6 saves video at a higher bittrate. This could be an issue with the software not being able to handle the files.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
94 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
178 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01. 2018 22:35

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
You may also want to attach a short clip that others can test. Just a few seconds is enough. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
GoPro switches to H.265 with the GoPro 6. This may have nothing to do with it, but if you have iTunes installed, open your process manager and close the iTunes Helper. I have another program that will not work when that process is running. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi badapple -

Here, PDR15 has no trouble handling clips from the GoPro HERO6 Black, including those shot at the maximum bitrate of 80Mbps.

Admittedly, I've only used short sample clips. Original ones seem hard to come by.

This page has some interesting information about the various recording options and specifications of each. I've come across many examples of where either NLEs or computers have issues with the HEVC H.265 files. I haven't found any samples to test with PDR yet.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!