Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
View Designer - change views without rotation or transitions?
[Post New]
I thought that there was a way that you could do this but I don't see how.
I'm using the View Designer to move the camera around to select 2D views from 3D video clips.

How can I swithch to different views without spinning around?
I can control the speed and "Ease in/out" but I don't see how to make and instant change to a new angle?
Is there another tool I can use with 3D video besides the "View Designer" that allows this?View Designer

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01. 2018 08:14

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
The View Designer is for converting 360 video to conventional 2D video, not for 3D video.
What is it you exactly want to do with 3D video? Pan the camera?

David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 26. 2017 01:25

[Post New]
Quote Hello,
The View Designer is for converting 360 video to conventional 2D video, not for 3D video.
What is it you exactly want to do with 3D video? Pan the camera?

David

I understand what the View Director is for. Please re-read my original post.
The picture above shows that I have already panned the camera (and added keyframes)

I wish to move it "instantly" to a different view with "NO TRANSITION" or MOVEMENT between views.
In other words, go from one angle to a completely different angle without showing the camera spinning to reach the 2nd view.
(sometimes the View Designer is not sure which way to spin when I swing > 180 degrees, I think this is a programming limitation)

I am thinking that this ability is not available inside the view director?
If it were, then having a transition effect between the 2 views would also be great!

I haven't explored other tools in PD 16 that might be able to do this.
(I mostly want this for 360 video conversion to 2D though, so it seems limited)
Are there plugins available for Power director?
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Maybe you should re-read, because you mentioned 3D video twice, 360 video 0 times. It did add confusion to the post.

Anyway...to do what you want:

1. Just split the clip where you want the instant change to another view, so you have two 360 clips.

2. Open the first clip in the View Designer and do all the pans you need and have the camera facing the direction you want prior to the instant switch.

3. Open the second clip, adjust the view and add a keyframe right at the beginning.

This should work based on what you are asking. Also, once the two clips are on the timeline, you can add any of the transitions between them.

I just test it and it worked perfectly. Check the attached images for details.

Let me know if you have any questions.

David
[Thumb - 03startofclip2.jpg]
 Filename
03startofclip2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
173 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - 01splitclip.jpg]
 Filename
01splitclip.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - 02endofclip1.jpg]
 Filename
02endofclip1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
174 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 26. 2017 20:12

fishycomics [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2010 11:35 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Sometimes hte easist things can be complicated and rather make it worse, hope this quick vid helps out. there are two ways we can do this one in 360 project, the other in 2d platfor. Once we choose 2-d platform I do not ttink we can render to 3d. so it' one, or the other unless you are adding in a pip to 3d and that is another story.
so SPlitting is the key here and using viewdesigner.

For 360 you can simply do the same by using start view setting, and then Pip to advance in zoom etc..
what I show in a video if you do not know where to find say view designer. heck took me a while. so this video helps one person out, my job is done on here or YT thank you.

[Post New]
Hello,

Maybe you should re-read, because you mentioned 3D video twice, 360 video 0 times. It did add confusion to the post.

Anyway...to do what you want:

1. Just split the clip where you want the instant change to another view, so you have two 360 clips.

2. Open the first clip in the View Designer and do all the pans you need and have the camera facing the direction you want prior to the instant switch.

3. Open the second clip, adjust the view and add a keyframe right at the beginning.

This should work based on what you are asking. Also, once the two clips are on the timeline, you can add any of the transitions between them.

I just test it and it worked perfectly. Check the attached images for details.

Let me know if you have any questions.

David

You are right, I'm sorry David I should have put 360 vido and not 3D.
This is what I though I must do because of the limitations of the program.
It's not easy if you have several tight edits to do, but I guess that's all that can be done in PD.
Thank You for your included pictures!

Quote Sometimes hte easist things can be complicated and rather make it worse, hope this quick vid helps out. there are two ways we can do this one in 360 project, the other in 2d platfor. Once we choose 2-d platform I do not ttink we can render to 3d. so it' one, or the other unless you are adding in a pip to 3d and that is another story.
so SPlitting is the key here and using viewdesigner.

For 360 you can simply do the same by using start view setting, and then Pip to advance in zoom etc..
what I show in a video if you do not know where to find say view designer. heck took me a while. so this video helps one person out, my job is done on here or YT thank you.

Thank you for your video!
A very nice demo, I was not aware that you could zoom in 360 mode or change the start position.

Is there any way to do "The Matrix" effect with the view designer?
i.e. have the playback paused but able to pan and zoom arround?

Thanks!