Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdvd 17 full uhd blu-ray bug initiating components for ultra hd
MirceaForce [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 29, 2016 13:26 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
I have the lastest powerdvd 2316
pc i9 7920x gtx 1070

I have tried many full uhd disc but stuck at this process (the program is not crashing) ..m2ts from the folder is working perfect with 4 hdr

but the program is working perfect for full 1080p bd discs

http://www.imagebam.com/image/bbafef698756403

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 25. 2017 19:51

CarlPowerDVDUser [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2018 11:00 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have the exact same issue. Initiating components stops at the same place.
Here are the related components
Gigabyte motherboard with Intel HD630 graphics - SGX enabled in bios (flashed to latest bios as well)
Intel graphics processor updated to latest driver in the OS (Win10 x64)
Intel Software Guard Extensions properly installed
Samsung 4k UHD certified display in use - model UN40MU6290FXZA
Pioneer UltraHD disc player - Pioneer BDR-211UBK
Connected with HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 cable.
I have spent a fair amount of money and time to have this work. I receive the exact same result as the OP with every attempt.
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
Few months ago there were complaints about this issue too, search the older posts. The problem was solved within few days. If I remember correctly, Hicham recommends to contact CyberLink customer service in such case.

MirceaForce: I do not understand your question. You've been around long enough to know that your HW is not compatible. What do you expect to achieve?

CarlPowerDVDUser: Your HW seems to be allright. What is your motherboard name? Which CPU do you have? .
FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
MirceaForce [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 29, 2016 13:26 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Few months ago there were complaints about this issue too, search the older posts. The problem was solved within few days. If I remember correctly, Hicham recommends to contact CyberLink customer service in such case.

MirceaForce: I do not understand your question. You've been around long enough to know that your HW is not compatible. What do you expect to achieve?

CarlPowerDVDUser: Your HW seems to be allright. What is your motherboard name? Which CPU do you have?

ia have new hardware configuration...in my old hadrware config i7 5960x x99 motherboard i was see black screen and only sound when open full bluray 4k hdr

and now with i9 7920x and x299 motherboard i have this so an improvment was made i think

and a user that has a fully complatible pc with this and it's not working
[Post New]
System board is Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD3. Not on the list, but with bios updated (to A7 for that board I believe), SGX extensions are manageable in Bios. CPU is i7-7700K@4.2GHz.
Startup of PowerDVD completes, play of 4k disk dies at 98% of child dialog 'Initiating components for Ultra HD Blu-ray'.
Windows application log is only reporting application hang - PowerDVD 17 stopped interacting with Windows. I'll probably open a support case and feed them the stack dump. We'll see if anything comes of it.
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
SGX is not the only requirement. The motherboard is not on the list, because it has HDMI 1.4 output. HDMI version 2.0 is required.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z270X-UD3-rev-10#sp .
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
[Post New]
Interesting. Could end up being an example of the industry floundering with a new specification and contradicting itself, or at least not providing complete information, leaving us users to figure it out for ourselves. See attachment indicating 4K ultra hd support from this product page, about 3/4 down.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128971
I'm glad I did this as an exercise in my office, and didn't try to do this right off in the living room on the media setup. I was going to fetch a new 65"-70" 4k UHD display and go for it directly. Would have been a disaster. The family would have fired me as father and husband.
I'll probably end up grabbing one of the boards on your list (or another now that I know more about the prerequisites) and building a new media pc with it. But not right now. Already wasted enough money and time on this failed exercise.
[Thumb - ga-z270x-4k.PNG]
 Filename
ga-z270x-4k.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
157 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
[Post New]
Oh for goodness sakes. Or it's looking like I could drop some more money on an Nvidia GTX 10xx, and that might satisfy the requirement. I better research that some more before wasting yet more money.
triffid
[Post New]
The board is equipped with HDMI 1.4. It is enough to playback 4k UHD video at 30 FPS, yes. Previous versions were good enough only up to FullHD (1080p).
For UHD Blu-ray DISCS HDMI 2.0 is required, which allows 4k UHD at 60 FPS or more specifically HDMI 2.0a with HDR. Only few Z270 and Z370 boards are compatible, that is why I made the list.
You can keep the CPU and replace the board only. The rest is fine.
A graphics card does not solve anything, you must use the integrated GPU inside i7-7700k for UHD BD playback. .
[Post New]
Yup, a little more reading is making it clear the video card is a non starter. Thanks for the input to unravel this. I'm shelving the 4k on pc for awhile. It's a mess. Not worth any more of my money for now. I'm holding the film and computer industries responsible for creating this confusion.