Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
360 video conversion
DEN BROEDER [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 11, 2016 07:02 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, i use PD16 (and 15 and Action Director 2/color director 5) to make small movies from the ActionCams.
One of them is a SALORA 360 ACTION CAM that i tend to attach to the stabilo but i cant get it to work in PD16.
It actually shows 2 bowls one is from can the second one back cam but i cant seen to get the type of view one sees in the 360 demo film from Cyberlink. These are 2 bowls that, when i select the 360 button get bigger and smaller but most of the screen reamins black.. Action cam allows you to zoom in but the quality of the video gets very poor but might very well be the cheap camera.
Waiting for PD UNIVERCITY but that will take some time but i leared a lot from there, could not have done anything without it.
Do you need special settings for the files MOV - 1920 * 960 - 12005Kbts 30 frames a second
Do i need some kind of conversion program to get the type of 3d file under PD16 that shows the film and not 2 bowls with hudge block spots. The camera views need to be stitched together. Is there a way?
Im kinda new with Video editing and it shows, a added the last on youtube - Joining Sylvester - when i joined my son having a flying lesson in a Diamond Star DA40. Always add music so nobody gets to see them which it better because im not that good at it.
Please help if you can
I use a WIN 10 PC and NVIDIA GTX 650, kindo old but much younger that i am

Thanks you for your help
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Does that camcorder have a built in stitcher or one that works with a cell phone? I can't find much on it on line. Did it come with stitching software> If so, use that.
If you are seeing what you describe, you need to stitch the video. By the way make sure that you have the 350 icon below the preview window activated.
Here is a link to the Cyberlink Video tutorial son 360 video. Pick the ones that are applicable to that camcorder. This one may be the best general tutorial.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 24. 2017 11:17

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
DEN BROEDER [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Does that camcorder have a built in stitcher or one that works with a cell phone? I can't find much on it on line. Did it come with stitching software> If so, use that.
If you are seeing what you describe, you need to stitch the video. By the way make sure that you have the 350 icon below the preview window activated.
Here is a link to the Cyberlink Video tutorial son 360 video. Pick the ones that are applicable to that camcorder. This one may be the best general tutorial.

Thanks for the quick reply, ill use the links, should help
The camera came without software to stitch anything, all i get it the bowls and no help on from Salora
fishycomics [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2010 11:35 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello, i use PD16 (and 15 and Action Director 2/color director 5) to make small movies from the ActionCams.
One of them is a SALORA 360 ACTION CAM that i tend to attach to the stabilo but i cant get it to work in PD16.
It actually shows 2 bowls one is from can the second one back cam but i cant seen to get the type of view one sees in the 360 demo film from Cyberlink. These are 2 bowls that, when i select the 360 button get bigger and smaller but most of the screen reamins black.. Action cam allows you to zoom in but the quality of the video gets very poor but might very well be the cheap camera.
Waiting for PD UNIVERCITY but that will take some time but i leared a lot from there, could not have done anything without it.
Do you need special settings for the files MOV - 1920 * 960 - 12005Kbts 30 frames a second
Do i need some kind of conversion program to get the type of 3d file under PD16 that shows the film and not 2 bowls with hudge block spots. The camera views need to be stitched together. Is there a way?
Im kinda new with Video editing and it shows, a added the last on youtube - Joining Sylvester - when i joined my son having a flying lesson in a Diamond Star DA40. Always add music so nobody gets to see them which it better because im not that good at it.
Please help if you can
I use a WIN 10 PC and NVIDIA GTX 650, kindo old but much younger that i am

Thanks you for your help

Action Director 2/0 will stitch. you did import and did it sittch? you will see a percentage bar increase on the thumbnail, do you?
DEN BROEDER [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello
100 % Correct. Action Director can ne used to stitch it but for some reason the quality of the film when under Action director seems less then when i watch it throug SYMAX360 Player or even PowerDVD17 (but i dont think i can save stitched files from there). PowerDVD only recognises 1 of the 2 files but its very sharp while the power director version looks like i sommed in to much creating less quality files.
Sorry for my late reply, Cristmass kept me busy, less time for the PC.
Thanks for the replys, it help a lot
Have a great newyear