Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Single-click brings up PIP module
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
AAAAARGH! I am losing my frickin mind. All it takes is a single click of my mouse to open the PIP module. So...every time I want to hilite a clip so I can move it or whatever, the whole program halts while it opens the PIP UI. This happens so often I can barely edit anything. Click=open maybe 90% of the time. Then I have to wait for it to fully open so I can close it. Then do it again, then again.
Am I alone in this and is there any help to stop it? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote AAAAARGH! I am losing my frickin mind. All it takes is a single click of my mouse to open the PIP module. So...every time I want to hilite a clip so I can move it or whatever, the whole program halts while it opens the PIP UI. This happens so often I can barely edit anything. Click=open maybe 90% of the time. Then I have to wait for it to fully open so I can close it. Then do it again, then again.
Am I alone in this and is there any help to stop it?

Hi Barry
Sounds a bit mousey. Is it wireless or USB. If USB, try blowing the dust out of the sockets. Do you have an old one you can test?
Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Quote AAAAARGH! I am losing my frickin mind. All it takes is a single click of my mouse to open the PIP module. So...every time I want to hilite a clip so I can move it or whatever, the whole program halts while it opens the PIP UI. This happens so often I can barely edit anything. Click=open maybe 90% of the time. Then I have to wait for it to fully open so I can close it. Then do it again, then again.
Am I alone in this and is there any help to stop it?

Barry Do you mean clicking on a clip in the Timeline?. If so I have just tested it and it takes 2 clicks to open PIP designer in my setup. It just gets highligted on the first click. Could be something wrong with your mouse? Or DTs (that is a joke! I don't know how to do those funny face thingies).
Nigel
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I switched my mouse and it seems to have corrected the issue. Wish I'd done that days ago. Maybe a result of that massive Creator's Update of Windows 10, who kows? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I switched my mouse and it seems to have corrected the issue. Wish I'd done that days ago. Maybe a result of that massive Creator's Update of Windows 10, who kows?[/quotePostId

Barry, I feel your pain. I'm working on a 2-hour documentary and about three weeks ago I started having a problem with the PIP and sometimes other Windows popping up whenever I tried to click on a clip or perform some other action. It was killing my productivity and ticking me off at the same time.

I tried troubleshooting every way I could think of. I was about to throw a shoe through the monitor.

I changed the battery in my wireless mouse, that did not work. I changed wireless mice--that did not work. Finally, I plugged a USB mouse in and the problem was fixed. Talk about a "Flop Flop Fizz Fizz Oh What A Relief It Is" moment, my productivity increased 200 fold.

I did see a post on the Forum where someone said that Support recommends NOT to use a wireless mouse. Personally, I think they should put it in very BIG BOLD letters on the download page.

Best,

Toney TeeMan