Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to prevent PD8 on XP from starting when I turn camcorder play on?
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
I'm archiving a bunch of old miniDV tapes.I have to use my old XP laptop because it has firewire. For some reason PD8 makes the playback stop a lot while capturing so I'm having better luck using WinDV. I still have a use for PD8 so I don't want to uninstall it. Would anyone know how to make PD8 stop starting every time I play a tape with the camcorder?
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm archiving a bunch of old miniDV tapes.I have to use my old XP laptop because it has firewire. For some reason PD8 makes the playback stop a lot while capturing so I'm having better luck using WinDV. I still have a use for PD8 so I don't want to uninstall it. Would anyone know how to make PD8 stop starting every time I play a tape with the camcorder?

Hi I haven't had XP for a long time now so the old memory is fading, but have a look here and see if this helps http://support.en.kodak.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/25720/selected/true I would have thought the procedure would be the same
EDIT: The link doesn't seem to work so go here and type 25720 in the search function http://support.en.kodak.co.uk/app/home/selected/true

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 24. 2017 07:16

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm archiving a bunch of old miniDV tapes.I have to use my old XP laptop because it has firewire. For some reason PD8 makes the playback stop a lot while capturing so I'm having better luck using WinDV. I still have a use for PD8 so I don't want to uninstall it. Would anyone know how to make PD8 stop starting every time I play a tape with the camcorder?

Hi I haven't had XP for a long time now so the old memory is fading, but have a look here and see if this helps http://support.en.kodak.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/25720/selected/true I would have thought the procedure would be the same
EDIT: The link doesn't seem to work so go here and type 25720 in the search function http://support.en.kodak.co.uk/app/home/selected/true

Thanks for the reply. When I enter 25720 in the search box it just takes me to a page to select country?
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks for the reply. When I enter 25720 in the search box it just takes me to a page to select country?

Are you using the second address? It works fine for me. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... Thanks for the reply. When I enter 25720 in the search box it just takes me to a page to select country?

to remove CL PD8 Software from the startup menu, go to the Control Panel > Scanners and Cameras. Select the camera from the list of devices, Right click, Properties. Select the Events tab. From the Actions menu, select the desired action -Take no action, apply, then click OK.
Restart the computer.

happy happy joy joy
PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Dec 27. 2017 22:52

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]

Are you using the second address? It works fine for me.

I tried it using Chrome and Firefox and neither worked. But thanks anyhow. What's the point being made in the article?
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote ... Thanks for the reply. When I enter 25720 in the search box it just takes me to a page to select country?

to remove CL PD8 Software from the startup menu, go to the Control Panel > Scanners and Cameras. Select the camera from the list of devices, then click Properties. Select the Events tab. From the Start this program drop-down menu, select the desired action, then click OK.
Restart the computer.

happy happy joy joy
PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Thanks for your reply.I followed your instructions but once I'm in Properties the only tabs I have are "General" and "Color Management". No Events tab? XP,Media Center Edition , Service Pack 3.
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... I'm in Properties the only tabs I have are "General" and "Color Management". No Events tab? ...

sometimes i can use my bald head as a crystal ball but, nope, i can't see it. so you're telling me you have only two tabs on your camcorder properties??? well, then you're screwed! ^^
there's a way to disable all but that one is too risky...

happy happy joy joy
PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
 Filename
20171225 1548 52-1.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
disabling program from starting when... wXPsp3
 Filesize
1460 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1697 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 25. 2017 17:02

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote ... I'm in Properties the only tabs I have are "General" and "Color Management". No Events tab? ...

sometimes i can use my bald head as a crystal ball but, nope, i can't see it. so you're telling me you have only two tabs on your camcorder properties??? well, then you're screwed! ^^
there's a way to disable all but that one is too risky...

happy happy joy joy
PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

I downloaded your mp4 file (thanks for putting it on) and see there are 3 tabs in your setting but only 2 in mine. Sometimes Windows has 2 or 3 different paths to doing things. I don't know if there's another way to get to that setting?