Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can AudioDirector remove a specific voice from video soundtrack?
HookeyLukey69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2016 07:53 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I was considering buying Audiodirector but wondered if it was possible to remove ONE voice from a video soundtrack without removing others. For example can I remove a male voice and leave a female voice? Or could i remove a high pitched voice but keep a low pitched one?
I watched a Youtube tutorial on the Cyberlink Channel which shows the visual restoration tool to remove a mobile phone's ringing from a concert but without losing the music etc. Would this work with the human voice?

Any advice appreciated.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
That is possibly the most difficult adjustment to make in audio recording and improvement. That is because the human voice is a mismash of frequencies varity. There is not an narrow band of frequencies like that of a musical instrument or a cell phone There will be frequencies that are common to both the male and female voices. How to separate them?
If you are willing to try and really need it, why don't you download the free 30 day trial and play with it? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
HookeyLukey69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2016 07:53 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That is possibly the most difficult adjustment to make in audio recording and improvement. That is because the human voice is a mismash of frequencies varity. There is not an narrow band of frequencies like that of a musical instrument or a cell phone There will be frequencies that are common to both the male and female voices. How to separate them?
If you are willing to try and really need it, why don't you download the free 30 day trial and play with it?

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. If it's not that simple my projects certainly wouldn't be that important to justify the trouble even if it is mitigated by the current Christmas deals and discounts.

I'm more of a hobbyist so, I'll work around it, but your clear answer is much appreciated.

Thanks!