Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fonts where are they?
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
As a newbie still discovering the wonders of PD16 I notice the fonts available for text editing are all I have already installed plus some that must have come with the PD16. These extras have not been added to the system wide set.
Does anybody know where those fonts are and can they be added to the system wide installed set I already use universally?
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... where those fonts are ... ? ...

yes, it's in your pcs OS c:\windows\Fonts. PD uses fonts that are installed in your OS windows\fonts folder. ^^

happy happy joy joy
PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... where those fonts are ... ? ...

yes, it's in your pcs OS c:\windows\Fonts. PD uses fonts that are installed in your OS windows\fonts folder. ^^

happy happy joy joy
PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Grateful for your reply - but I can't find them there. Even searched the whole of c: and no luck. Then I thought lets google it, found a supplier, started download to id filename, searched c: again and located said file deep inside cyberlink structure

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector16\CESdlls\Fonts

and there are 13 - only puzzle remaining, how does PD16 get to use them and all my existing ones without installing them?

Appreciate I could grab the set and "instal" them but then I guess the fonts offerred in PD16 text editing may show duplicates.

Many thanks for spurring me on to make that little bit more effort
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alan -

Quote: how does PD16 get to use them and all my existing ones without installing them?

You may have noticed those 13 fonts ARBERKLEY > ARJULIAN are installed in the Windows Fonts folder.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
AlanR47
[Post New]
Quote Hi Alan -

Quote: how does PD16 get to use them and all my existing ones without installing them?

You may have noticed those 13 fonts ARBERKLEY > ARJULIAN are installed in the Windows Fonts folder.

Cheers - Tony

Very strange - I just looked in Windows Fonts folder via controlpanel/fonts and none of the PD set is present.
Something I've done? (or not)
Strange Window quirk?
Puzzle is that PD sees them - but Windows does not appear to know they exist???
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
It could be that I've been using PDR since version 7... & this PC has every version from PDR12. It's possible the method of installation has changed (with PDR, not Windows).

e.g. PDR12 & 13 don't have that Fonts folder in the CESdlls folder, but from PDR14 on does.

That's my best guess.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 23. 2017 05:57

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
AlanR47
[Post New]
Quote It could be that I've been using PDR since version 7... & this PC has every version from PDR12. It's possible the method of installation has changed (with PDR, not Windows).

e.g. PDR12 & 13 don't have that Fonts folder in the CESdlls folder, but from PDR14 on does.

That's my best guess.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony - seems most likely explanation
I'll just wait see if any other ideas surface - thankfully not a major issue.