Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Carsten (Cranston)
[Post New]
We've lost one of our most witty, talented & creative members, and a kind, affectionate soul at that. Whether you knew him as Cranston, Carsten, CP, or Kranks - even if you didn't get to know him at all - we all share the loss.

Some of us were fortunate & privileged enough to have become friends or collaborators with Carsten, but even more would have benefited from his outstanding forum contribution since 2007. Just read any of his forum posts

In 2009, he founded PDtoots, in collaboration with other interested members, & edited his tutorials with precision & creative flair, to which the rest of us aspire.

On Carsten's YouTube & Vimeo channels there are videos that will make you laugh, or cry, or just leave you in awe.

Over recent years, Carsten suffered with some serious health issues that inhibited his forum & tutorial participation but he never stopped churning out his "little video bits" (as he described them).

May you rest in peace, dear friend.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 22. 2018 04:46

Visit PDtoots & PDtoots QuickTips. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
RIP, Kranksy. I will miss your video quips and jabs at my expense. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
What bad news. He will surely be missed. His expertise was an awe inspiring educational phenomenom. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
So sorry to hear this sad news about Cranston. He has helped so many people over the years. A sad loss to indeed.
RIP Cranston
Dave F. I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Carsten was a true gentleman, never had a bad word for anybody, always ready and willing to help
How things change, I remember when Carsten first joined this forum back in 2007, in those days there were maybe 4-5000 members and had a club like atmosphere, Barry will attest to that (he did actually join in 2006), the banter the members had with each other made it a very friendly place to visit.
Carsten, being very new to PD was full of questions, which were answered by myself,Barry,Daffyd and a few others. It did not take long before Carsten became the master, teaching us how to do things, he took it upon himself to learn as much about the program as he possibly could, the reason he explained to me a few months ago, was that he wanted to repay for all the help he received in the early days.
It has been a privilege knowing you Carsten, RIP
Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
"Rest in peace"

I have always enjoyed the videos. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
rest in peace, Cranston.

happy happy joy joy
PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
BigEric
Newbie Location: Standish, England Joined: May 15, 2010 13:57 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
RIP my friend and mentor
X
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Didnt know him but it always hurts a little more when someone in your community passes. I am sure for the senior members this is very sad. My condolences and RIP Cranston. ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Cranston was one of the most approachable and helpful memebrs of the forum. I could always count on him for assistance whenever I needed help with something. Although I did not know him personally, my interactions with him on the forum and social media lead me to believe that he was a kind hearted, giving soul, who shared all that he could, and wanted the best for others. Cranston will be greatly missed by me and so many others in the PowerDirector community.

R.I.P. Cranston. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
A true Gent.

I wil always chersih our messages and his FX he shared with me.

RIP CP Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Cranston answered my 2nd question in the forum. I have enjoyed watching many PD Toots tutorial. It certainly makes PD editing a lot easier. RIP.
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Over the years, I spent hours and hours on Skype with my dear friend Carsten. His family moved from Denmark to US. Even though a little child when arriving to US, he never forgot segments of Danish. Me, being Norwegian, I guess we had a special Scandinavian connection. Apart from video stuff, we could talk about food, traditions and way of life, which was of great interest to him.

He had a wish, a dream, to be able to go to Denmark once again. I am so very sorry he didn’t get his wish come true. Life goes on, but even though “I know nothing stays the same”, not a day goes by without hearing Carsten’s voice and recalling conversations I will treasure forever.

Nina
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
[Post New]
I only recently heard this sad sews about dear CP. A number of years ago when I was new to Cyberlink Power Director - CP was one of the first (the others know who they are) to help me - through the DZ Forum. Long after the DZ Forum was no more, we kept in touch and he would send me a funny video from time to time and always commented on my Home Movies depicting family. We struck up a connection - he touched my heart and I will never forget him. RIP dear CP - thank you for all the time you spent with me - despite us being on the other side of the ocean. xx