Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My entire movie somehow flipped upside down......Help!
GlennBartley [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2017 10:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

I was just about finished editing my first movie with Power Director. Everything was going well. Just adding some finishing touches.

Today I opened up my project and every clip in my timeline is previewing and rendering upside down.

To be clear the thumbnails in the timeline appear right side up. If I click on clip in the preview window they are right side up.

However if I preview the movie or go to produce the movie everything is upside down.

I have no idea how this happened or how to fix it.

Please help!

Glenn
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Funny you should raise that - I was experimenting with a set of slides in slideshow - just selected a whole bunch from a folder and dragged them to the timeline and saw they all displayed upside down. One of the slides was a panorama 4800x920 not in itself a problem file but when included in the set fed to PD everything goes upside down.

Removal of the panorama solved the issue - and unfortunately I have not yet had a chance to play further. I had previously used a panorama in PD without issue but don't know if it was the same size or smaller.

Clearly not much help to you but there is clearly something upsetting PD in some was that causes this inversion.

I will play further and may be able to specifically find whats causes the upset then its down to CL to solve it.

I am running PD16 Ultimate fully up to date v 2313.

Quote Hi Everyone,

I was just about finished editing my first movie with Power Director. Everything was going well. Just adding some finishing touches.

Today I opened up my project and every clip in my timeline is previewing and rendering upside down.

To be clear the thumbnails in the timeline appear right side up. If I click on clip in the preview window they are right side up.

However if I preview the movie or go to produce the movie everything is upside down.

Please help!

Glenn
GlennBartley [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2017 10:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I wound up just closing the project and re opening and everything was fine.

Strange issue though!!!

G

Quote Funny you should raise that - I was experimenting with a set of slides in slideshow - just selected a whole bunch from a folder and dragged them to the timeline and saw they all displayed upside down. One of the slides was a panorama 4800x920 not in itself a problem file but when included in the set fed to PD everything goes upside down.

Removal of the panorama solved the issue - and unfortunately I have not yet had a chance to play further. I had previously used a panorama in PD without issue but don't know if it was the same size or smaller.

Clearly not much help to you but there is clearly something upsetting PD in some was that causes this inversion.

I will play further and may be able to specifically find whats causes the upset then its down to CL to solve it.

I am running PD16 Ultimate fully up to date v 2313.

Quote Hi Everyone,

Please help!

Glenn
Midimannz [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Aug 28, 2013 19:18 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
It's happening to me too, but when I changed the display setting not to play hi resolution playback in the preview pane it went away
Maglad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2016 12:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have just upgraded? from version 15 to 16 and i am experiencing the same problem. i get out of it by double clicking on the preview screen then closing the resulting full size screen.
Unfortunately this is only one of several programme errors i have so far encountered.
More product testing required by Cyberlink.
Klavertje [Avatar]
Member Location: Herwijnen - Holland Joined: Jun 12, 2011 10:17 Messages: 84 Offline
[Post New]
The same here...the complete project is upside down. Closing the project and reopen the same project did the trick, and everything is normal again.
It causes an little shock by me...what hapening here...Very strange.
cosmocornbread [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2018 08:16 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Has there been any updates/resolution with this? I've begun having this sort of issue. the last video I did, finished it up, rendered it and uploaded it into YouTube and it was upside down in YT. Looked at the final file on my computer...whole thing was upside down. I then uploaded it directly into YT from PD16 and it worked fine.

Just finished another video, and the completed file looks fine. I went back to the editing panel to grab a thumbnail and BAM! Every file was upside down again!!!!

I closed the project and reopened it, and this time it looks fine. This is infuriating!! Spend all this time on a project and then having to fiddle around and play games to try and NOT have it flip over?

Please tell me there is an update or something. This is two times in a row. I LOVED PD14....now I am wishing I hadn't upgraded.
bkp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2014 19:26 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Same happening to me. Changing preview out of high fixes it, and oddly enough works in full hi def, just not hi def. Needs to be fixed.
AndreVS [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Netherlands Joined: Sep 27, 2016 05:14 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem several times now. It was quite a shock. Closing my PD16 and opening the project again solved the problem.
Krislo [Avatar]
Newbie Location: san francisco, ca Joined: Jan 21, 2018 23:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same thing - many different goofy things are happening as my movie gets longer. This laptop was purchased 30 days ago and is a powerhorse. So what is the deal?
Anyway I opened and exit went back in still upside down.....Not just one project, but so far all...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2018 12:24

Kris
Krislo [Avatar]
Newbie Location: san francisco, ca Joined: Jan 21, 2018 23:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Same thing - many different goofy things are happening as my movie gets longer. This laptop was purchased 30 days ago and is a powerhorse. So what is the deal?
Anyway I opened and exit went back in still upside down.....Not just one project, but so far all...

Work around solution: Yes I opened it and exited out of program 3 times - finally worked. Aside, from the upside down movie...

I dont understand why this program tends to change things somehow between closing and re-opening. Like all of a sudden - no sound- and then I realize the box on that line was unchecked or a special effect or whatever was unchecked! Why doesnt it leave it how it was saved..? frustrating Kris
Wsummers4 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2018 11:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The same issue crops up in 17 and 365. I've found that as long as I don't use SVRT and render using the slower process everything is rightside up.
Thi Ngoc Anh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2017 16:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm experiencing this issue with my brand new Powerdirector 18. I've never had this issue with my old Powerdirector 15. I'm thinking of going back to 15 if this continue. Any updates on how to fix this?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's better to start a new thread especially when you're using a much newer version than was being discussed.

You can try turning off hardware acceleration under the Preferences menu, and producing with the Fast video rendering technology box unchecked. If you still need assistance, please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting thread at the top of the PD18 & 365 forum index page, and start a new discussion there by attaching the DxDiag results along with a summary of what you've tried.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°