Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Edit or Remove Motion Tracking
[Post New]
I've added a motion tracking spotlight to a clip. I don't like how it's working. How do I remove the tracking effect? If I want to alter/edit the tracking settings, how do I get into edit mode on the motion tracker?
Google searches on this question have not led to an answer.
Thanks.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PDuser97031B -

To remove the motion track:

1. Select the video clip

2. Tools > Motion Tracker

3. Right click on motion track > Remove

If you've applied a spotlight effect and you want to edit/tweak it:

1. Select the video clip in the timeline

2. Click on Keyframe button

3. Expand the timeline (and gasp at the number of keyframes)

4. Edit each Effect > Spotlight keyframe from start to finish (probably position)

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 18. 2017 04:00

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
and-power [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2018 23:34 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi PDuser97031B -

1. Select the video clip

4. Edit each Effect > Spotlight keyframe from start to finish (probably position)

Cheers - Tony

i went to tools, motion tracker, opened up motin tracker window.
exactly where do i right click. i tried to click on "motion tracker" on top of the new window, nothing
and-power [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi PDuser97031B -

1. Select the video clip

Cheers - Tony

i went to tools, motion tracker, opened up motin tracker window.
exactly where do i right click. i tried to click on "motion tracker" on top of the new window, nothing

i am able to "remove tracker", i click on ok, then go back to timeline and tracker is still there?
and-power [Avatar]
[Post New]
i still cant remove tracker, exactly wheree do i rigth click...exacltly where am i clickng on to remove the tracker

i am confused with "Right click on motion track > Remove"

i don t see the words "motion track" i see motion tracker on top of the window but its not clickable

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 17. 2018 20:59

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote i still cant remove tracker, exactly wheree do i rigth click...exacltly where am i clickng on to remove the tracker

i am confused with "Right click on motion track > Remove"

i don t see the words "motion track" i see motion tracker on top of the window but its not clickable

No mystery, when creating Motion Track was added a block in the timeline, below the video, click on it delete or right click and choose Remove XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
and-power [Avatar]
[Post New]
i have no block. on my project i have 20 clips and 10 have motion tracker spotlight and i want to remove them
i have nothing under the clips
i guess my goes is to remove the spotlights? or is it to remove the motin tracking?
been at a loss for 2 months
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote i have no block. on my project i have 20 clips and 10 have motion tracker spotlight and i want to remove them
i have nothing under the clips
i guess my goes is to remove the spotlights? or is it to remove the motin tracking?
been at a loss for 2 months

Only thing I think, Motion track is added on the track below all.
Scroll down time line to view.
If not, my suggestion, add the clip on it in the timeline, choose the Replace option.
Check if left Motion Track, otherwise add again and choose Overwright
Make Overwright in the last case, this loses all editing work done on the clip

see the image
[Thumb - MOTION TRACK.jpg]
 Filename
MOTION TRACK.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
261 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 19. 2018 12:00

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi and-power -

Please see the attached screenshot "Remove Tracker" for what I meant by "Right click on motion track > Remove".

With Motion Tracker you can apply text, media or an effect. Text & media add the text or media object to another track & it can be removed from there. If it's an effect like Spotlight, that can be removed by selecting the clip, go to Effects and uncheck the Spotlight effect.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Motion Tracker Options.png]
 Filename
Motion Tracker Options.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
67 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
18 time(s)
[Thumb - Remove Tracker.png]
 Filename
Remove Tracker.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
238 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2018 15:23

and-power [Avatar]
[Post New]
thank you so much for your response.
in your first pickutre i have nothing that shows tracker under my clips
.. issue is, i am able to click on "remove tracker" in th motion tracker box
i hit play in the motion tracker box, the motion tracker is gone which is great
my choices are hit OK or cancel. i hit OK, tracker is still in my timeline
i then go to motion tracker window and add 2-3 trackers, and remove them, but the original tracker/spotlight is still there

i save project, go to new project, then re-open the project, and tracker is still there

turns out i have 40 clips on my time line, 10 have tracker. for me to find, cut and replace those 10 clips coudl take 2 hours as i dont know which ones they are as each clip is 2-3 secords

any advice??

Quote Hi and-power -

Please see the attached screenshot "Remove Tracker" for what I meant by "Right click on motion track > Remove".

With Motion Tracker you can apply text, media or an effect. Text & media add the text or media object to another track & it can be removed from there. If it's an effect like Spotlight, that can be removed by selecting the clip, go to Effects and uncheck the Spotlight effect.

Cheers - Tony
cdb123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2018 10:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
so what is confusing for me is that if you ONLY use spotlight effect on a clip, you don't get any separate block in a timeline below once you close the motion tracking creation window. All that shows is an effect icon in the video clip block that looks like an "i". Say you then want to edit using the same dialog you used to create the motion and spotlight effect(s), I can't bring that up anywhere. If I click Tools->motion tracker on a clip that already has motion tracking applied I get this message that says "in the motion tracker 3D mode is disabled, and all effects are ignored. Powerdirector must remove the applied reverse from this clip. Do you want to contnue yes or no". So I can't get to that original editing window to edit my existing spotlight effects. How do you re-edit a spotlight motion tracking effect or effects once you already have some on a track using that same dialog window? (none of the explanations above are using spotlights only) thanks!
ynotfish
[Post New]
For cdb123 & anyone who's confused -

Attached is a PDF with written & visual instructions on removing or modifying text, media & effects applied with Motion Tracker.

Here is a packed PDR15 project which has three examples - text, media (animated gifs - synchronised seagulls) & spotlight effect. You can use it, if you wish, to play around with modifying & removing motion tracker effects.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Motion Tracker Modify.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
703 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
215 time(s)