Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
360 editing
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I just upgraded to the Cyberlink Suite 6 - basically to get the editing software for 360 captures.
In reviewing the software and looking where the 360 software is in the PD16 softare I found in the help menu, many features not available in the PD 16 program.

They say it depends on what version you have. Well I have the PD 16 Ultimate version and expected to get a full suite of 360 editing tools. Any clues on this one?

Anyone have 360 experience and advice on the 360 cameras?

Thanks,

Alan
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Samsung Gear 360.
It is not bad, tested good, but I expected a better quality of the resulting videos. Or I want too much...
PowerDirector 16 can edit 360° videos, but it is not able to stich them.
Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It is not bad, tested good, but I expected a better quality of the resulting videos. Or I want too much...
PowerDirector 16 can edit 360° videos, but it is not able to stich them.
Hatti

Good to know about the stitchig. Not all cameras do the stitching.

It's looking like the GoPro Fusion might be a good choice although, my ressearch shows that GoPro is having difficulties and may no be a round long.

Garmin Vrib 360 may be another choice.

kave to keep checking.

There was one 360 setup I liked. Out of my league. It was $98,000.

Hard to know.

Thanks for you input.

Alan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 26. 2017 02:27

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I have the Samsung Gear 360 and the program can stitch the video using the included 360 editor. It is the program that is in PowerDirector AND in the Samsung utilities. That is the reason I bought the 360 and got rid of a different camcorder.
Watch the last Cyberlink Webinar to see what PowerDirector 16 has to offer.
Also look at the PowerDirector University (example). .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
fishycomics [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2010 11:35 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

I just upgraded to the Cyberlink Suite 6 - basically to get the editing software for 360 captures.
In reviewing the software and looking where the 360 software is in the PD16 softare I found in the help menu, many features not available in the PD 16 program.

They say it depends on what version you have. Well I have the PD 16 Ultimate version and expected to get a full suite of 360 editing tools. Any clues on this one?

Anyone have 360 experience and advice on the 360 cameras?

Thanks,

Alan

Action Director 3.0 is the 360 software you may want to look into. offers about the same as Powerdirector. 360 you won;t get it all. the ups on pd16 is the satabilization. one giant benefit the 360 camera does not have , even the fusion. its all post.