Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
21:9 Video Project Resolution For PowerDirector
[Post New]
Hello,
I see I missed the cut off for suggestions but I would like to know if it would be possible to include 21:9 video project resolution in the next PowerDirector? I make videos for YouTube and I often get comments about this.
Thanks.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I doubt it, as there are no 21:9 consumer video cameras on the market. It is just a trend for computer monitors for video games and movies as far as I can tell.
The video camera market is what drives PowerDirector format support.
Dave
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Also Cell or mobile phones. Powerdirector has a 9:16 aspect ratio just for cell phones, since most people do not turn their phone 90 degrees to get a horizontal image. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Tesityr
Senior Member Location: Canada, eh Joined: Apr 08, 2014 05:35 Messages: 154 Offline
[Post New]
If I may pop in, I used to 'trick' PDR into making non-standard resolution output, by going into the settings configuration files and changing a Custom Preset to any resolution you want [at the time, I was converting videos into 480x272 to watch on my PSP].

I simply created a Custom Profile and gave it a name that was 'odd', like "667788" or something similar. Something that would not really occur in a settings file. Then I opened up the configuration for the Preset in Notepad and Searched for 667788, to find the settings under. Under the "Video Width/Height" settings themselves, I simply changed them from whatever it was (say, 1920 and 1080) to 480 and 272.

Here's what the configuration files look like:

<Video BitRate>6000000 <Min BitRate>3000000 <Max BitRate>6500000 <Video Quality>0 <Video Width>1920 <Video Height>1080 <Frame Rate>60.000000 <Profile Level>65380 <Pattern>IBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBP <Pre Processing>0 <Resize>1 <Flip Video>0 <Speed Quality Indicator>6 <Interlacing>0 <Encoder Mode>0 <App Type>2 <Dynamic GOP>0 <Deblock>1 <EntryMode>1 <Encoder Type>32 <Audio Layer>2 <Audio Mode>2 <Audio BitRate>256000 <Audio Channels>2 <Audio SamplesPerSec>1 <Audio BitsPerSample>1

As long as you NEVER open the Custom Preset ("edit" it with the 'Pencil' in PDR Produce tab/area), it will keep the numbers in the Preset that you changed to, Rendering at that Resolution when selecting that Profile.

Sorry, I can't remember the location of the configuration files off the top of my head, it's something like
WINDOWSDRIVE:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\xxyyzz
But as the knowledgeable Dafydd (from this Forum) once said: "If you use Google search for 'profile.ini cyberlink' you'll find more."

Try that and see if it still works in PDR, heh.

HTH GL

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2017 10:20