Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't change drive to burn after update
migstradamus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2009 19:15 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Powerdirector 7 on Vista Ultimate 32.

Little bug apparently added in 2726 update. I have two identical drives, (Samsung SH-S203N), F and G. I went to burn a DVD and in the dialog drop-down changed it to G. Now it can't be changed back, even after restarting PD7 or rebooting. The drive options button opens the dialog and the drive selection dropdown is still there and still works, but after changing to F and clicking ok it's still G. So I can't burn to my F drive anymore. Annoying. I changed regularly before, and while not 100% sure this started with 2726, it's fairly recent on my machine.

Separately, this update doesn't seem to have done anything for the regular burning crashes and errors I have experienced with PD7 along with so many others in these forums. About 1/3 of burns result in drive paging errors (resulting in a000000a in PD7) or full program crashes (PDR.exe faulting kernel32.dll). Pretty bad. DVDs are cheap but my time isn't and these failures usually take 5-10 minutes each.
Cindy R [Avatar]
Member Location: Louisiana, USA Joined: Feb 27, 2007 16:34 Messages: 124 Offline
[Post New]
This same exact thing is happening to me and I still have build 2519! Tech support, can you fix this?

Cindy