Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
WinRAR hangs during PD 16 or PD14 patch install
Rome [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2017 13:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
It asks for permission, and hangs while extracting WVEditor.

How do I fix this?

Windows 10 build 17046
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It asks for permission, and hangs while extracting WVEditor.

How do I fix this?

Windows 10 build 17046
Not enough information to give you an answer.

Please read and provide more information.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/quote/0/293379.page

Main thing we need is where did you buy PowerDirector 16, was it a download or the box version with a install DVD? Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jarome [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2015 16:04 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It asks for permission, and hangs while extracting WVEditor.

How do I fix this?

Windows 10 build 17046
Not enough information to give you an answer.

Please read and provide more information.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/quote/0/293379.page

Main thing we need is where did you buy PowerDirector 16, was it a download or the box version with a install DVD?

It was a download from the cyberlink store. Where are the temp files stored, maybe I can install it from there. I did see a Windows Post that PowerDirector 16 did not work at all on build 17046.

I also tried it as administrator, and from Windows Explorer launched as administrator. The former also hung the installer. The latter hung Windows Explorer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2017 16:13

Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
Are you unpacking the archive into a specific folder and running the install from there? Or are you doing it directly from Winrar? .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
jarome [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Are you unpacking the archive into a specific folder and running the install from there? Or are you doing it directly from Winrar?

Just double-clicking the first PD installer file. There is no choice about where to install it, or save the files.
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Are you unpacking the archive into a specific folder and running the install from there? Or are you doing it directly from Winrar?

Just double-clicking the first PD installer file. There is no choice about where to install it, or save the files.

There is an icon "Extract to" and next to File on top is "Command". That's where you tell it where to extract to.

Pick one of those.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2017 20:23

Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
jarome [Avatar]
[Post New]

There is an icon "Extract to" and next to File on top is "Command". That's where you tell it where to extract to.

Pick one of those.

No. As soon as I double click the installer file, the window pops up saying "extracting files to a temporary folder. Nothing to click, or any choices. But today after a reboot, it worked.

However it is uninstalling PD14, which I do not want. No choice there either.

And then, the other modules I must install exhibited the same hangs doing WinRAR. No time for another reboot now since I must produce a video.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 04. 2017 10:55