Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How To Set More Menu Buttons On Menu Page
TCRay [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Alton, IL USA Joined: Nov 28, 2017 08:32 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
The new video I am editing has 7 menu items. When I go to "Create Disc", click on "Menu Preferences" and select a template, a template fills the large view window.

In the upper right hand of the screen there is a drop down box for the "Buttons Per Page" but I cannot change it.

Is there any way to use a downloaded template, or supplied template, and increase the buttons per page?

If not, what template would you suggest that would allow many menu selections on the home page?

Thanks!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You could create a new menu with 7 or 8 chapter/titles video thumbnails or just modify an existing one to accomplish what you want. There are tutorials that explain all this such as in this sticky: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45525.page . The one in PowerDirector University for menus has helped many beginners.
TCRay [Avatar]
[Post New]
I figured it out.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi TCRay -

How easy it is to do that depends which version you're using. From PDR13 on, it became a little easier.

Whatever version it is, you need to select the menu you want then choose Modify to change the number of buttons. After you add the buttons and arrange them, save as a new menu.

Some templates, because of how they're structured, don't allow modification.

Here's one with 7 buttons on the Titles/Chapters page. Modify it as you wish - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176470471

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
TCRay [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You could create a new menu with 7 or 8 chapter/titles video thumbnails or just modify an existing one to accomplish what you want. There are tutorials that explain all this such as in this sticky: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45525.page . The one in PowerDirector University for menus has helped many beginners.

Thank you so much for this reply... very helpful!

A difficulty I am having is when I have the text and thumbnail, there is a little number corresponding to the thumbnail that show up on the page and I cannot get rid of it. When I go to burn a disc, I keep getting a message that I have text and/or thumbnail that is overlapping.

The only way I have been able to burn a disc is to get rid of the thumbnails (which I like).
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote A difficulty I am having is when I have the text and thumbnail, there is a little number corresponding to the thumbnail that show up on the page and I cannot get rid of it. When I go to burn a disc, I keep getting a message that I have text and/or thumbnail that is overlapping

As mentioned by Tony you can fix the text or thumbnail overlapping problem and message easily in the menu designer of PD13 and later. In the title/chapters page click the Align all the menu buttons which has the default of Auto Arrange button on. This automatically fixes the problem for you.

That thumbnail index number is easily removed. Go to the Create Disc/Menu Preferences tab. Look at the bottom left of the screen. There are 4 checkboxes. Uncheck the one for Show thumbnail index.