Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to zoom into video clips on the timeline
tjoel99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2017 04:26 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I edit videos comprised of many small clips. I frequently need to move around the timeline, zoom into clips, and add effects and transitions, crop, etc. Besides the zoom bar in the bottom left, which to click it takes me off my target, is there another way to zoom in on the clips in the timeline? I hoping for a keyboard or mouse sequence. Thank you. Joe L
[Post New]
Quote I edit videos comprised of many small clips. I frequently need to move around the timeline, zoom into clips, and add effects and transitions, crop, etc. Besides the zoom bar in the bottom left, which to click it takes me off my target, is there another way to zoom in on the clips in the timeline? I hoping for a keyboard or mouse sequence. Thank you.

Previous versions used the "Video Crop" Feature Under the "Power Tools"

Video here: Video Crop- Zoom

Use the "View Designer" option.

-Right click on the clip you want to pan or zoom

- Edit Video/ Image

- View Designer

You can set Keyframes at different settings and the program will automatically and smoothly move between them.

I'm hoping that the developers will add a speed control to this window in the near future.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2017 16:21

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I edit videos comprised of many small clips. I frequently need to move around the timeline, zoom into clips, and add effects and transitions, crop, etc. Besides the zoom bar in the bottom left, which to click it takes me off my target, is there another way to zoom in on the clips in the timeline? I hoping for a keyboard or mouse sequence. Thank you.

The fastest way I find to zoom in the timeline is the zooming by mouse gesture. If your time marker is at a point and you have the mouse in the upper part of the timeline with the timecode, click the left mouse button and move the mouse to left or right. The timeline is "squeezed" or "streched" to the time marker, so you can zoom in the clips that way. I often use markers (shift-M) and jump to next/previous markers (Shift-right arrow/Shift-left arrow) to get to special positions fast.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
klink707 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 22, 2021 19:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This worked perfectly - thank you! I just right-click on the timeline and chose "Zoom in" and it worked!