Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to get similar levels of audio?
Aljosa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2012 16:41 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hi.

I made one video in Power Director but I don't like one thing. In the two parts in the video everything is too much quiet and later on it is too loud. I used normalization function in the Power Director but there is still too big gap bettwen lowest sound in the video and highest one. Is there any other app which can automaticaly higher lower sound in the video and lower higher sound in the video? But there still needs to be some difference in sound level! I don't want that the sound level in my video would be flat.

I know I could do that in Power Director manually but I prefer that some app would do that more perfect than I could do manually.

Here is this video that I made. Maybe it is just me that thinks that some parts are too quiet and some too loud. But it is true that music in this video have originaly some quiet parts and some very loud parts.

Thank you.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 05. 2018 09:15

Aljosa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nobody knows or you think sound levels in my video are good?
Darp1 [Avatar]
Member Location: USA Joined: Nov 18, 2013 10:13 Messages: 122 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi.

I made one video in Power Director but I don't like one thing. In the two parts in the video everything is too much quiet and later on it is too loud. I used normalization function in the Power Director but there is still too big gap bettwen lowest sound in the video and highest one. Is there any other app which can automaticaly higher lower sound in the video and lower higher sound in the video? But there still needs to be some difference in sound level! I don't want that the sound level in my video would be flat.

I know I could do that in Power Director manually but I prefer that some app would do that more perfect than I could do manually.

Here is this video that I made. Maybe it is just me that thinks that some parts are too quiet and some too loud. But it is true that music in this video have originaly some quiet parts and some very loud parts.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=zASIY2KgId0

Thank you.

There is an automactic way to do it, did it a year ago on movie and even did on my MP3 player too to get songs about the same volume. Works easy, just can not remmeber the name of it. Someone else here likely can help. Just wanted you to know there is a solution, just forgot the name of it. Maybe this link will help. https://www.flickr.com/photos/28609100@N07/26892620779/in/dateposted-public/

Will post if can rememebr what I used.
Aljosa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok cool. If anyone other know, please tell me.
Aljosa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anyone?
Aljosa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi.

Thank you.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I did not see what version of PD you are running but recent versions do have "Normalize" audio feature.
You can right-click the audio icon on a particular timeline and a choice will appear to Normalize. It only works on a single timeline at a time.
If you have an unusual case of up-down audio levels, not related to music you can use an outside program (app) called Levelator, it's free and there is a link on my website. Levelator raises low end and lowers high end audio signals to even out the sound. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi.

Thank you.

You could try using Audacity as explained in the final post of this thread.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/34200.page Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,