Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I insert a hyperlink into the end of my video?
EvolveLDN [Avatar]
Newbie Location: London Joined: Nov 24, 2017 08:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I have the latest version of PowerDirector on my phone and I'm creating a Christmas campaign video for our charity. I need to insert a hyperlink into the final clip- does anyone know how to do this? I can't find anything in the tutorials.

Any help would be greatly appreciated- thanks!
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
The quick answer is that you can't. You need to look beyond the video file itself and use e.g. HTML or a dedicated app to add hyperlinking functionality to a video.

p.s. - How is the video going to be distributed? Probably the easiest way for most people is by "Annotations" in YouTube.

p.p.s. - Posted here in error. I'm not a PDR16 user.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 24. 2017 10:08

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Longedge is still correct. It can't be done in PowerDirector 16 either. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
It would be great if a text frame could do it. .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
You can type a url in a text or a textframe, even scrollable. But it will not be clickable. The player of the video would need a kind of url-interpreter. None of the known video formats does have any kind of way to interpret a url in the video itself. And because the video cannot know the player or even the operating system it runs on, the video cannot interpret a url. I cannot image a way how to do it. A video is not an executable. It is a very sophisticated way to store pictures. Not more. You alway need a player, that can show these pictures. And as far as I know, none of the known video players does have a way to handle url in a played video.

So nowadays, that cannot work.

The only way could be a configured player. Like: "from second1:frame1 to second2:frame2 show url in textframe with x1:y1 and x2:y2". Maybe an online player (youtube?) can do that. And that is independent from the video format

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]

I have the latest version of PowerDirector on my phone and I'm creating a Christmas campaign video for our charity. I need to insert a hyperlink into the final clip- does anyone know how to do this? I can't find anything in the tutorials.

Any help would be greatly appreciated- thanks!

Hello all,

I am not sure that "PowerDirector on my phone" will work with this solution but here's what you can do. With the tests, I did with photo collages it works and it will with video:

there's a web app that is called Kizeo. Check Google. It makes very fast competitive photo and video collages for those who are lazy (:). You can add special FX's, transitions, etc. AND the hyperlink.

Sole little prob is that the MINIMUM version withOUT a Kizeo logo will cost approx 25US$ for a lifetime license. Up to you to decide but you can test it all and I just tested a video hyperlink and it works.

So when your collage or unique video footage is made, record it, download it to your computer, put it in the timeline , edit with the rest of your footage, render, and it should be "done". Again, I have only tested it yet. Will make some YT examples when possible but try it out and let the community know about.

Now let the creative mind work!

Success!

Alain II