Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 15 crashing during slow-motion editing.
Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hey gang,

I reallly could use some assitance on this problem that I'm having. I really enjoy the PowerDirector 15 program but now it's giving me some major problem during slow motion editing. Here's what happens:

I'll lock up the audio bar so that the slow-motion of the video doesn't affect the audio (as I want the audio to run at it's naturual pace). I'll lower the video down to about 75 maybe 60 paces. As soon as I'm finished with the video editing, the program closes on its own and I get this error message about PDR.exe has stopped working etc, etc.

This has become a real nuiscance and I'm hoping that it's got nothing to do with me upgrading my Divx codec. Recently I got Divx Pro so that I could convert some files to mkv and plus so I could watch them in mkv format as my trial version of Divx had expired two maybe three years ago. Now ever since I got it, PowerDirector 15 has really been biting me hard in the slow-motion editing part.

I tried asking the tech support people for assistance but they're saying the problem is that the program is on an unsupported platform (which doesn't make any sense). The other versions of PowerDirector worked fine (even though they had less features).

So I'm wondering if I'm going to have to make yet another upgrade to PowerDirector 16. I mean, I don't really feel that should be necessary but I want to get back to doing my slow-mo routine without having to upgrade to another version and without the annoying 'crashes'. I tried one of the 'patches' but that didn't do anything.

If anyone else is having this problem or has some suggestions on how to correct it, please let me know. I'm willing to upgrade, but I need to know if I can get this problem corrected first before that becomes the final option.

Plus, I like the Screen Recorder function with PowerDirector 15 and I don't want to take that down. If I remove PowerDirector, I lose the Screen Recorder.
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
I have been having the same problem. It doesnt matter if audio is locked or not. Started happening about 2 weeks ago. Up until then no problems ever. I have submitted the report with the crash prompt and still no answer. I have seen other posts recently regarding this and no one seems to be getting answers. Why should this be unsupported. ? I have had 15 for less that a year and now am being forced to upgrade ? Why would this start happening to multiple users out of the blue ? I have been happy with PD for the most part but ignoring issues is less than I expected from support. ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

Simon Sez:

I tried asking the tech support people for assistance but they're saying the problem is that the program is on an unsupported platform (which doesn't make any sense).

I asked CS and was told that they meant your computer's CPU does NOT meet the minimum system requirements for editing video in PowerDirector 15. This could be part of the problem.

CacoGrandé:

CS found your crash report and want to inform you that it happened in a different module than Simon's, i.e. it is NOT the same issue. Please contact technical support and submit your DxDiag file and also the packed project if you can.

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Both of you need to give more details of exactly what is happening. Both of you seem to have had no issues until something happened a short while back.

If you haven't changed anything in PD, what makes you think that PD is the issue? It may, of course, be a symptom of something wrong but I would suggest that the "problem" has arisen elsewhere.

Many people install driver or program updates by default (as we all now do with Win 10!!!) or because a third party program advises it, but it may lead to an issue in other programs.

Again many folk find that the 1st step might be to uninstall and re-install PD to let it find the new and changed environment and see if that cures the issue.

If not, then a detailed look at the problem, when and how it arises, your system specs and any other details (file formats, etc. etc.) would be needed in order for members to help.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Nov 23. 2017 04:08

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Guys,

Simon Sez:

I tried asking the tech support people for assistance but they're saying the problem is that the program is on an unsupported platform (which doesn't make any sense).

I asked CS and was told that they meant your computer's CPU does NOT meet the minimum system requirements for editing video in PowerDirector 15. This could be part of the problem.

CacoGrandé:

CS found your crash report and want to inform you that it happened in a different module than Simon's, i.e. it is NOT the same issue. Please contact technical support and submit your DxDiag file and also the packed project if you can.

Both of you need to give more details of exactly what is happening. Both of you seem to have had no issues until something happened a short while back.

If you haven't changed anything in PD, what makes you think that PD is the issue? It may, of course, be a symptom of something wrong but I would suggest that the "problem" has arisen elsewhere.

Many people install driver or program updates by default (as we all now do with Win 10!!!) or because a third party program advises it, but it may lead to an issue in other programs.

Again many folk find that the 1st step might be to uninstall and re-install PD to let it find the new and changed environment and see if that cures the issue.

If not, then a detailed look at the problem, when and how it arises, your system specs and any other details (file formats, etc. etc.) would be needed in order for members to help.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

Hello Moderator,

First let me say thank you for the response and I greatly appreciate the info you've given. I've submitted everything that the tech support team requested (DX Diag), a dump file, the serial number to the program and I told them why I was having the problem. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program and there's been no success there either. One poster suggested that I try producing a clip without the audio and that seemed to work (program didn't crash) but that could be a time consuming process if I have to do that everytime.

Before hand you could modify a video clip and keep the audio as it was if you didn't want the audio modified (by locking the audio bar so it wasn't messed with). Could the problem also be because I have previous versions of PowerDirector still on my machine? I've tried to remove them but everytime I do it just keep showing that the program is still on the machine. Would there be a conflict if a previous version of PowerDirectcor isn't removed fully from the desktop?

Again, the problem I'm having is to modify a video clip's speed (slowing it down) while keeping the audio as it is.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I take it that the "other poster" was me smile. Just an explanantion of my thinking - I made the suggestion because it struck me that you had said that you had locked the audio but then altered the timing of the video timeline. It seems like PDR is 'being told' to do two conflicting things at the same time i.e. "Go faster" and "Stay the same". From what you have said splitting the process up between first changing the video timing and then adding in the audio does work.
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Guys,

Simon Sez:

CacoGrandé:

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

Moderator,

Thank you as well for your response. In the meantime I installed the latest patch and it worked fine after that. I thought I was up to date but aparently not. I edited a video with many clips and all had a speed change of some sort and it worked perfectly. So....for now it is working. Will be upgrading this weekend to PD 16 as the price is too good to pass.

Again thank you and good luck to Simon Sez on your issue. ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,