Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 16 Ultra (trial version only) : choppy preview on Nvidia GTX1050 Ti, SVRT not applicab
Dimitrios123 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Greece Joined: Nov 20, 2017 13:15 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all.

This is a note to anyone willing to evaluate the current trial version of PowerDirector 16. I noticed the following issues were noticed while editing a series of XAVC-S HD (1080p 25fps) clips from a Sony camera:

• Choppy preview on the edit window. Lowering the resolution didn't fix the problem. Switching to non-real time preview didn't fix the problem. Also tried to disable hardware acceleration and OpenCL support, to no avail. Produced video didn't exhibit these problems.

• SVRT (smart video rendering) was unavailable (red indicator). However, rendering speed was quite good (many times faster than Hitfilm Express).

I was quite scared by the above issues but I liked the UI so much that I purchased it (having in mind to use the money back guarantee if problems persisted). Happily, the purchased version run flawlessly. Preview is smooth and SVRT is functional with XAVC-S files. It's a pitty that such a good s/w may loose potential customers due to a buggy (?) trial version.

My hardware: Intel i5, 8GB RAM, GTX1050 Ti with 8GB VRAM.