Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What do/should I install?
[Post New]
Just purchased, downloaded and installed PD16, but the download included a ton of extra .exe files. Which ones do I need to install seperately (and what do they do)?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 20. 2017 13:04

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You could install PD16 only. Check all the rooms in the media library and write down the number of particles, motion objects, titles, fx, etc. Install each exe file one at a time and repeat the above. You should see an increase in the number of components each time.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry still having issues with the forum performance. it lost my replay. Here it is again.

Go here and look at what is included in your version.

Go here to see descriptions of some of the design packs that MAY be included.

Go here to see discussion of some of the thrid party programs that MAY be included.

You would have to sort through the information to decide which you have and what they do.

In my opinion and expecting that you have a lot of system hard drive space, install them all. If you are worried about hard drive space, you may have issues when you are crewating projects.

What you NEED to install depends on what you want to do and how many features you want in your finished videos.

In summary, you don;t need to install any of them to have the program work. The extras are bells and whistles.

Make sure you save the entire downloaded files for future reinstallation. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.