Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector 9 - Collage functionality?
ChrisCrinkle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2017 03:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I am really impressed with the PhD app functionality in regards to collage making it is quick and easy and produces good looking images. However, I can't see any information about such a system in the desktop application. I did see some tutorial videos, but these were basically where you put all the images into one file and then made the collage yourself. Didn't seem to be using a templates system at all. Is there any such functionality in the desktop program? Or should I save my money?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi I am really impressed with the PhD app functionality in regards to collage making it is quick and easy and produces good looking images. However, I can't see any information about such a system in the desktop application. I did see some tutorial videos, but these were basically where you put all the images into one file and then made the collage yourself. Didn't seem to be using a templates system at all. Is there any such functionality in the desktop program? Or should I save my money?

I thnk that all your questions will be answered by watching this recent Webinar (if you haven't). There is no real collage functionality in PhotoDirector as you envision it. There is an excellent (automatic) one in Power Director. Yes, you can use stills.

Here is the link to the Webinar. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi I am really impressed with the PhD app functionality in regards to collage making it is quick and easy and produces good looking images. However, I can't see any information about such a system in the desktop application. I did see some tutorial videos, but these were basically where you put all the images into one file and then made the collage yourself. Didn't seem to be using a templates system at all. Is there any such functionality in the desktop program? Or should I save my money?

Hello,

If you wish to make just a photo collage then in PhD 9 you can do this in "photo composer" manually, and add as you wish.

The video collage as Stevek writes but then automatically in PD16. It's manually also possible such as tests here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txRrQJGCw5A or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrb3wZYy3K0

and if you have ColorDirector you can do it too, send it to PowerDirector and make a still.

Success!

Alain II