Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with the Northern Lights theme
[Post New]
Its link is downloading another theme.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Its link is downloading another theme.

Please more information. I just downloaded the Northern Lights theme from the Moovie Live site and got the right one. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Quote Its link is downloading another theme.

Please more information. I just downloaded the Northern Lights theme from the Moovie Live site and got the right one.

I open PowerDVD 17, click on the Change settings and preferences icon, then on the UI Customization option.

In the Wallpaper > Get new wallpaper for your PowerDVD > Latest wallpaper on MoovieLive area, I click on View more.

On the MoovieLive > Wallpapers for PowerDVD page (2), I click on the Northern Lights theme download link (arrow down).

It downloads a theme.pbgz file. I open it (associated to PowerDVD) and when I check on the UI customization area, it's not there.

By the way, I downloaded other wallpapers and previously Northern Lights was the theme I was using (on PowerDVD 16).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2017 10:13

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Yep, but when I clicked on it, it loaded to the PowerDVD home page. How about a screen shot of what you see. Here is mine.
[Thumb - northern_lights.png]
 Filename
northern_lights.png
[Disk]
 Description
Northern Lights
 Filesize
1106 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
19 time(s)
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
[Post New]
Quote Yep, but when I clicked on it, it loaded to the PowerDVD home page. How about a screen shot of what you see. Here is mine.

[Thumb - pwrdvds1.png]
 Filename
pwrdvds1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
96 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)
stevek
[Post New]
Sorry, from your attached image, I can;t tell if you are just getting a black screen or not. What do you see in the Splash screen (as I showed)? I can;t tell if any of the themes you show are the NorthernLights. .
[Post New]
Quote Sorry, from your attached image, I can;t tell if you are just getting a black screen or not. What do you see in the Splash screen (as I showed)? I can;t tell if any of the themes you show are the NorthernLights.

The image I sent shows the Wallpaper section of the UI Customization area, where the Northern Lights theme does not appear after I download it.

I get no black screen or anything like that, it is a matter of this specific theme not downloading or installing properly or installing another one. I can apply any other theme available there, be it in the PowerDVD default wallpapper or in the My wallpapers section.