Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
pds file seems OK but, same photo keeps showing
stevelm1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: USA Joined: May 25, 2016 18:39 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I reopend a .pds file that was working fine the last time I saved it and found that when I play the file in the editor the first photo keeps getting redisplayed, over and over. The editor seems to be stuck on the first photo, redisplaying it when I would expect the next photo, but just showing the same one over and over. Except for some of the ones that have been turned 90 degrees, which it displays unturned and distored. Although the editor ramdomly selects about 1 in 10 photos to correctly display.

The file contains all the orginal photos and seems to have them in place as I left them. The editor plays the embedded videos fine, but has just lost it for the photos.

What the heck is going on? Is there a fix for this? Should I move back to 15 until there is a fix for this? It looks like I might have just lost about 40 hours of work even though I did exactly what I needed to do to save it. Version 16 does not seem to be stable.
stevelm1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I went to work on another project (which worked fine) and had an idea. So I came back and deleted the recurring photo. Amazingly the first photo from the file I was no longer working on showed up and started repeatedly showing (the photo was not even in this .pds file). I would say it is clear the .pds file got corrupted somehow and the editor is helping it along. What I do not understand is how or why this happen and I am very worried it will happen again, and again.

Until I do understand why this has happened (Cyberlink are you out there?) I will not be trusting v16 very much. If it happens again I will be forced to go back to v15.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 11. 2017 18:09

stevelm1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Crud, now I am having the problem in other files. I never had anything this bad happen in 15. If v16 files were compatable with 15 I would be moving back right now. I hate waisting time creating something only to have the software creating it end up destroying it. I am one unhappy customer right now.

I have doubt that these files can be recoved from this problem, but I hate to start over not knowing if it will happen again as the problem seems to be the editor, not the files themselves. Arggh this is frustrating.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 11. 2017 18:41

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

The forum is for member to member help, hosted for users at arm's length by CL who do not have a direct input. So members can't help with some things!

However, please give members as much detail as you can on the exact problem, which version of PDR16 and perhaps screen caps of your timeline etc. The more exact info you can give members the better the chance of help - otherwise we all end up guessing.

Have you tried the any files in the Autosave folder - normally something like this? :

C:\Users\{name}\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\Cache\AutoSave\

your location can be found in Preferences>Project>Auto save project every:

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

The forum is for member to member help, hosted for users at arm's length by CL who do not have a direct input. So members can't help with some things!

However, please give members as much detail as you can on the exact problem, which version of PDR16 and perhaps screen caps of your timeline etc. The more exact info you can give members the better the chance of help - otherwise we all end up guessing.

Have you tried the any files in the Autosave folder - normally something like this? :

C:\Users\{name}\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\Cache\AutoSave\

your location can be found in Preferences>Project>Auto save project every:

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

Yes I had this problem too with PD16. I posted about it approximately a month ago. I think I called it something like “ghost clips “. I had to copy the whole timeline into a new project to get rid of them. Since then it has not recurred thank goodness!
stevelm1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will try your suggestion today. I sure hope it works. Thanks for your post.

I wonder if Cyberlink is doing anything to elminate this issue?
stevelm1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sadly copy and paste into a new project did not resolve the problem for me. At this point my conclusion is that v16 is unusable until there is a fix for this problem. I can' trust v16 for my projects. I have really liked using this software but if it is unstable it is just a giant wast of time and money.

I have included a screen shot that shows the timeline pointing to one photo and the viewer showing another. The photo in the screen keeps getting redisplayed as the next photo should get displayed.

Interestingly the photo being displayed was not part of the .pds file. That photo was never put in this video, it comes from another project. The only thing in common is the editor.
[Thumb - CyberlinkFailScreen.PNG]
 Filename
CyberlinkFailScreen.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
905 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 12. 2017 11:15

collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sadly copy and paste into a new project did not resolve the problem for me. At this point my conclusion is that v16 is unusable until there is a fix for this problem. I can' trust v16 for my projects. I have really liked using this software but if it is unstable it is just a giant wast of time and money.

I have included a screen shot that shows the timeline pointing to one photo and the viewer showing another. The photo in the screen keeps getting redisplayed as the next photo should get displayed.

Interestingly the photo being displayed was not part of the .pds file. That photo was never put in this video, it comes from another project. The only thing in common is the editor.

This is a link to my original post. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63841.page#290778