Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Silent for a few seconds when hitting play in edit mode, dropping out when moving playhead.
r-will [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 04, 2017 23:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I am new to PowerDirector, so I hope I haven't missed something obvious, but I'm having an issue with audio when editing.

In Edit mode anytime I play a video (whether by space bar or clicking play button) the audio isn't heard for three to four seconds after starting. The behavior happens anywhere, at the beginning of the clip or somewhere the playhead has been left. This also happens if I move the playhead while playing a video.

What would cause the audio to drop out like this? It's especially annoying when trying to line up chapters with sound.

Thanks!

Source - mp4

PowerDirector 16.0.2.101.0

i7 5930k, x99 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4, GTX980
r-will [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 04, 2017 23:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've updated Windows 10 with the latest Creator's update, and this issue hasn't changed. Drivers are currnent, I am not able to explain why this is happening. I'm attaching an updated dxdiag in case it's useful.

It's too bad, this looks like a decent editor, but the audio drop-out is an absolute dealbreaker for me. Is anyone else having this issue? Is this a normal thing with PD?

Thanks!
 Filename
DxDiag11.11.17.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
145 time(s)
Brad4God [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2021 16:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This is happening to me too. It's bad enough that it's happening during playbeck while editing, but it does so on the rendered results as well, which is ultra-unacceptable. The waveform for each clip is complete and is not missing any audio. Yet both in real-time playback and in the final produced product, a few seconds of audio are missing from the beginning of each scene. Even after updatingin my PowerDirector 365 software to the newest version today.
Matthew1133 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2020 03:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having a similar issue with powerdirector 18. The file is the same file type I have always imported and edited but now there is a odd sound added to file during edit and render but isn't there if you upgrade to powerdirector 20. Looking at PowerDirector 20 there is no difference in interface or ability other than it is newer. There seems there might be an added bug that makes your stuff obsolete. This needs to be addressed and fixed.
joseph1962 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2022 09:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue here. Oddly, I have been using powerdirector for a couple of years without the problem. I even edited some video a week ago with no problem. This just started out of the blue. I figure I must have changed some setting somewhere without realizing it, but I canot tink of what it may be.
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Same issue here. Oddly, I have been using powerdirector for a couple of years without the problem. I even edited some video a week ago with no problem. This just started out of the blue. I figure I must have changed some setting somewhere without realizing it, but I canot tink of what it may be.

If you're running Windows 10 or 11 have you considered a recent update might have broken something?