Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capture output folder setting
Marcelo Camarate
Newbie Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Joined: Nov 04, 2017 08:03 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

The PowerDirector do not save when I change the output folder of the capture, because when I restart it, the default folder "C:\Users\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\12.0\" is showed.

How can I definitilly save the output folder reference?

Thaks in advance. Marcelo Camarate
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Using PDR12 Ultra v.2109 the Change Folder functions as expected and the new location is maintained after closing and re-opening the program.

Which version of PDR12 are you running?

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Marcelo Camarate
Newbie Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Joined: Nov 04, 2017 08:03 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Using PDR12 Ultra v.2109 the Change Folder functions as expected and the new location is maintained after closing and re-opening the program.

Which version of PDR12 are you running?

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

Hi Cheers,

Thanks for your reply.

I use the PD that came on the Diamond VC500 DVD that I bought: PowerDirector 12 32-Bit DE, version 12.0.4502.0.

Regards, Marcelo Camarate
Marcelo Camarate
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance, Marcelo Camarate
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Good morning Marcelo.

You have a Power Director vesrion that is limited in what it can and will do. It is considered to be an OEM version. OEM software has been deigned for the provider (Diamond) to fit their desired functions and lacks many functions that are present in the full retail version. Since it is limited, it can be sold or given away a a relatively low cost. I don't know if the folder issue is caused by the OEM nature.

There are several options for you.
1) Go back to Diamond to see if they have a new or updated version that they can provide you.
2) Download a trial and latest version of the software from Cyberlink. If it works the way you want, delete the trial version and buy the full version.
3) Live with the functionality you currently have.

I'm sure others will have suggestions also.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2017 13:04

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
websiteee [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you, PowerDirector Moderator for providing support link to this problem.
Marcelo Camarate
[Post New]
Quote Good morning Marcelo.

You have a Power Director vesrion that is limited in what it can and will do. It is considered to be an OEM version. OEM software has been deigned for the provider (Diamond) to fit their desired functions and lacks many functions that are present in the full retail version. Since it is limited, it can be sold or given away a a relatively low cost. I don't know if the folder issue is caused by the OEM nature.

There are several options for you.
1) Go back to Diamond to see if they have a new or updated version that they can provide you.
2) Download a trial and latest version of the software from Cyberlink. If it works the way you want, delete the trial version and buy the full version.
3) Live with the functionality you currently have.

I'm sure others will have suggestions also.

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for your reply. but, I'm only replying now because I've been on a business trip.

Initially, I'm not interested in purchasing the full version of PowerDirector, as I will only use it to convert my old VHS tapes.

As I am a systems development professional, I believe that the default capture output folder is in a configuration file in the application folder or some Windows system registry, right? If you know anything about this, I would be able to change the default folder.

Thanks in advance, Marcelo Camarate
Marcelo Camarate
[Post New]
Quote Thank you, PowerDirector Moderator for providing support link to this problem.

Hi websiteee,

Thanks for your reply, but I did not understood it. Could you be more clear?

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
"As I am a systems development professional, I believe that the default capture output folder is in a configuration file in the application folder or some Windows system registry, right? If you know anything about this, I would be able to change the default folder."

Hi,

The CapWorkDir key is used [Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector12] although this appears to be a temporary key only initiated by using the Change Folder button and it is deleted on exiting the program.

It seems that on loading the program, the capture directory folder takes it's value from the WorkDir key [same registry location as above] which is set in Preferences>File>Export Folder

So, to keep the capture directory on exiting, the Export Folder has to set set as the same location, as this takes precedence on loading.

The same seems to be the case in PD16.

The answer seems to be that the initial capture folder is set by the Export Folder value, but it can be changed "in project" to other locations. I had always thought it retained it's location value but perhaps that was just my lucky workflow practice?

Hope that helps

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Marcelo Camarate
[Post New]
Quote "As I am a systems development professional, I believe that the default capture output folder is in a configuration file in the application folder or some Windows system registry, right? If you know anything about this, I would be able to change the default folder."

Hi,

The CapWorkDir key is used [Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector12] although this appears to be a temporary key only initiated by using the Change Folder button and it is deleted on exiting the program.

It seems that on loading the program, the capture directory folder takes it's value from the WorkDir key [same registry location as above] which is set in Preferences>File>Export Folder

So, to keep the capture directory on exiting, the Export Folder has to set set as the same location, as this takes precedence on loading.

The same seems to be the case in PD16.

The answer seems to be that the initial capture folder is set by the Export Folder value, but it can be changed "in project" to other locations. I had always thought it retained it's location value but perhaps that was just my lucky workflow practice?

Hope that helps

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your reply.

As you indicated, when I changed the Export Folder in the Preferences, everything was OK.