Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Anyone really got HDR to work?
[Post New]
I have an LG B6 TV connected to a GTX 1070, running the latest Insider build of Windows 10 (17025) and latest Nvidia drivers (388.13).

I know for certain my PC is able to send HDR to the TV, as Resident Evil 7 looks stunning, with the deepest blacks, incredible shadow detail and lights popping out light crazy.

Now, playing HDR video with PowerDVD I'm not getting anywhere near the results I get when playing the same video in my TV's built-in player.

Instead of the intended mind-blowing color pop, extreme brights and deep blacks, the whole thing looks as lame as a standard LCD TV. And not even a good one.

My Nvidia resolution settings are 3840x2160 at 60 Hz, 4:2:2 10bpp, and I'm letting PowerDVD play in exclusive fullscreen, of course.

Also, on Windows' display settings I need to enable "HDR and advanced color", because if I don't, all I get from PowerDVD is a black screen and pink cursor, and the video's audio playing.

Any ideas?

All comments are appreciated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 03. 2017 20:29

lostagain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2016 07:47 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have an LG B6 TV connected to a GTX 1070, running the latest Insider build of Windows 10 (17025) and latest Nvidia drivers (388.13).

I know for certain my PC is able to send HDR to the TV, as Resident Evil 7 looks stunning, with the deepest blacks, incredible shadow detail and lights popping out light crazy.

Now, playing HDR video with PowerDVD I'm not getting anywhere near the results I get when playing the same video in my TV's built-in player.

Instead of the intended mind-blowing color pop, extreme brights and deep blacks, the whole thing looks as lame as a standard LCD TV. And not even a good one.

My Nvidia resolution settings are 3840x2160 at 60 Hz, 4:2:2 10bpp, and I'm letting PowerDVD play in exclusive fullscreen, of course.

Also, on Windows' display settings I need to enable "HDR and advanced color", because if I don't, all I get from PowerDVD is a black screen and pink cursor, and the video's audio playing.

Any ideas?

All comments are appreciated.

full UHD playback can only be achieved using the onboard intel graphics from a kaby lake processor, does not work with Nvidia or AMD, check the requirements page

and even if you do get it working with the intel chip it's still buggy as hell
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply.

Will have to keep waiting I guess.